As I normally do, I entered the Patriots Football Weekly mock draft contest, which I actually won ten years ago but haven't come close to winning since.
The rules are simple:
All guesses had to be submitted by 5 PM EDT yesterday.
For each correct selection, the number of points awarded is equal to the number of the pick in the first round. For example, if I guess the fourth pick correctly, I get four points. If I guess the twenty-fifth pick correctly, I get 25 points. The highest number of points is the winner.
It doesn't matter what team selects the player with a certain pick, so draft day trades are not a factor in the selections.
Here then are my guesses:1) Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
2) Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
3) Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
4) Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
5) Brian Bulaga, OT, Iowa
6) Eric Berry, S, Tennessee7) Joe Haden, CB, Florida
8) Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
9) Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
10) Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida
11) Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State
12) Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama
13) Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers
14) Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland
15) Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida
16) Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas
17) Earl Thomas, S, Texas
18) Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech
19) Patrick Robinson, CB, Florida State
20) Perrish Cox, CB, Oklahoma State
21) Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame
22) Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech
23) CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson
24) Jonathan Crompton, QB, Tennessee
25) Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma
26) Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan
27) Mike Iupati, G, Idaho
28) Jonathan Dwyer, RB, Georgia Tech
29) Corey Wootton, DE, Northwestern
30) Taylor Mays, S, USC
31) Brian Price, DT, UCLA
32) D'Anthony Smith, DT, Louisiana Tech
Later, I'll highlight the selections I picked correctly, based on how things really
go tonight. Also, I'll eventually record the actual first round picks and what team selected them as the night moves along.
Labels: draft, NFL, Patriots, picks contest