"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Car trouble

Sometime before New Years Day, I did something stupid involving my car and it's turning out to be quite the annoyance.

What did I do, you ask? Well I'll tell you.

I accidentally left the glove box door open in my car overnight. That little light inside the glove box staying on all night, plus the frigid cold temperatures we've had this winter sapped my car's battery.

This little incident, plus other, separate issues I've been having with my bank have left me unable to get it fixed right away.

In the 2+ years I've owned this car, I've never had to replace the battery or do any major engine work. I'm the second owner of this vehicle and of course, I inherited no maintenance paperwork from the previous owner.

Which makes me wonder if I'll need to replace the alternator at the same time I'm replacing the battery.

I hate car repairs. But that is the trade-off in driving an older vehicle.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home