"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Saturday, June 11, 2005

An annual rite of summer


Today I helped my dad open the pool at his house, which is an annual rite of summer. It really is tedious work, but he's getting older and I know how much he really appreciates my help, even if he doesn't say anything. Plus my two kids will enjoy swimming in it when we go to visit. They wanted to help us, so I tried to find minor things for them to do so they could feel like they helped out. My two kids are 8 and 5. How helpful could they actually be?
We also had cake for my sister, who last week celebrated her 22nd birthday. I remember my 22nd birthday mainly because I was working for the Salvation Army that summer in Budapest, Hungary. It is the only birthday I've had that I celebrated outside the United States. But that's a story for another day.
The weather here today was hot. Sticky, sweaty, uncomfortably hot. Summer has arrived (though not officially until a week from Tuesday- June 21st). I love it!!! I despise and complain all the way through the winter months, so I can't rightly complain when the weather gets hot. Can't have it both ways, I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home