"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Choose wisely, Mr. Cooper.

When I was out and about yesterday meeting K to give her back V amd M for the week, one of the things I wanted to do was look at the magazines. Specifically, magazines like US Weekly, People, OK! - magazines that do a good job snooping into the lives of of our favorite famous Hollywood-athlete types. You know to see who is dating whom, who is splitting up and all of that kind of stuff. This week these magazines all have more cover stories relating to MJ's death and memorial service more than two weeks ago. But I'm not as interested in that story.

Aw, let's cut to the chase.

I wonder what Bradley Cooper is thinking...

First these magazines report that he and my fave Hollywood crush (co-stars in "He's Just Not That Into You") are dating. Then I read that he was seen on a couple of "dates" with Renee Zellweger. One mag reports that Cooper dumped Aniston in favor of Zellweger, whom he's now filming a movie with. Another reports that Cooper and Zellweger are just friends and that he's still dating Aniston. Yet another magazine reports that Aniston is pissed off about Cooper and Zellweger being seen together. And finally a fourth magazine reports that Coooper is not serious about dating either Aniston or Zellweger but just playing the field..

Come on Bradley, make up your mind!

Sometimes I wish celebrities would learn to stay out of the tabloid spotlight, even though it would mean I wouldn't be able to read about them. Those are the couples that seem to last in the Hollywood circles. Couples like Courteney Cox and David Arquette, Harrison Ford and Calista Flockhart, Geena Davis and whomever the doctor is that she married, Johnny Depp and whomever he's ddating/married to, or - well you get the point.

At the same time I can understand (I think) the need to keep your name afloat in the Hollywood buzz. If you're being talked about, that seems to mean you'll have no shortage of scrpits to choose from and you'll stay working.

Still, is paparazzi publicity really the kind of publicity you want?


Maybe I'm crazy. Maybe, as a Hollywood outsider, I just don't get it.


Somehow, I don't think so.

=========

Yes, I do enjoy reading the tabloid magazines when I'm standing in line at the checkout counter at the stores I shop at.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 15 July, 2009 05:41, Blogger DaBich said...

Green, I think with the way the Papparazzi are, the stars don't have a choice about being photographed and written about. They are bloodsuckers!

P.S. Aniston is the best choice, hands down ;)

 
At 15 July, 2009 18:57, Blogger Tim said...

DaBich: Well in some instances they don't but there are stars that seek out the publicity.

Then there are others who make it a point to stay away from where the paparazzi are.

 
At 18 July, 2009 15:15, Blogger scribe said...

EVen I would have to say go for Anniston given THAT CHOICE!!!

 
At 18 July, 2009 21:43, Blogger Tim said...

Now I read that Aniston is dating Gerard Butler, her co-star in The Bounty, which they are filming now. One tabloid called Butler, "Hollywood's Biggest Cad."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home