"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Monday, June 13, 2005

Monday the 13th



Let me begin by stating that I am not a superstitious person by any stretch of the imagination. But if I had to pick my personal favorite superstition it would be Monday the 13th. Now you will say that the superstitious day is Friday the 13th, and you would be right. That is the traditional bad luck day. But I say why? Thirteenth or not, that day is still a Friday, which is always good because that means that the weekend is right around the corner.

I say that if you're looking for a bad luck day, then Monday the 13th is your day. Let's face it, Mondays are bad news to begin with. The weekend is done and a long workweek lies ahead. Add in the number 13, which in my opinion has always gotten the raw end of the deal quite unfairly and you've got the potential for disaster.

The only exception would be if any holiday that involved a day off of work fell on a Monday the 13th. Most holidays here in the US are celebrated on a Monday because of that extra day in the weekend thing, even if the actual holiday falls on another day of the week. Then it would be a good day, because you could sleep late or whatever. However I don't think that there any such holidays that would fall on a Monday the 13th. If you can think of one, please let me know. So again we're out of luck with a Monday the 13th.

If you have nothing better to do, you can even look ahead on your calendar to see when Monday the 13th or Friday the 13th will occur. If a month begins on a Wednesday, there will be a Monday the 13th. If a month begins on a Sunday, you'll have a Friday the 13th. Trust me, it works every time. Sadly, I've been afforded many opportunities in my life where I had nothing better to do...

Aside from having to go to work today, my Monday the 13th wasn't that bad. But it's not over yet....

2 Comments:

At 14 June, 2005 03:24, Blogger American Guy said...

As luck would have it, yesterday, Monday the thirteenth of June, WAS a holiday here Oz.

Here's the real fun bit though: It was the Queen's Birthday. Except that it's not her birthday. Not even close. In fact in Western Australia, they celebrate her birthday much later in the year. Oh well, no one complains about a day off in any case.

 
At 14 June, 2005 03:24, Blogger American Guy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home