"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Heavyweight Fight Round Two



After taking round one last night, the Red Sox dropped today's game, 8-4. The win for the Yankees means that they have clinched the AL East title. Even if the Yankees were to lose on Sunday and finish with the same record as the Red Sox, they win the division because that is their 10th win vs. the Sox this season vs. 8 losses heading into Sunday's game.

The Red Sox are still alive for the AL Wild Card berth, however. They can do no worse than tie for it with Cleveland, who has lost two in a row vs. Chicago. If the Red Sox and Cleveland finish with the same record, a one game playoff will be held on Monday at Fenway to decide the AL Wild Card winner.

---

On an unrelated note: Today would have been my 11th Wedding Anniversary if I was still married. I'm not depressed about it at all - in case you were worried. My ex and I admittedly have been happier this last year and a half living our separate lives. Sure it's hardest for the kids - my daughter especially, but they are dealing with it well overall. They might be doing worse with the whole situation if they did not spend every weekend with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home