"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Monday, September 26, 2005

I'm baaaaack



So, you might be wondering where I've been for the past few weeks and why I haven't posted anything during that time. Well, it's been a case of pure laziness, plus reading and posting comments to other people's blogs. I can't say that I've been working hard, because I haven't. Which is not to say I haven't been busy at work, because I have. My job has it's moments where it is hectic as you like and other moments when things are running very smoothly.

So what's been going on for me recently? Not much, aside from having my kids each weekend. Let me see if I can recap the major events:

Ten days ago or so I got my hair cut. Normally this is not a noteworthy event but this time I had a guy whose name was James cut my hair. This guy couldn't have been more than 22 or 23 years old. For the past 23 years or so I've been going to various unisex salons and having my hair "styled." The hairstylists have always been women. Women definitely do this job better than guys do. Just a personal opinion.

As far as I can recall, the last time a man cut my hair was when I was a young kid and went to Ray's Barbershop in downtown Burlington. Ray's was a typical old style barbershop with your typical old men working there. I believe Ray's is still in business, but I can't say for sure.

---

I managed to come up with $410 to buy that self study course I wrote about several posts ago. It came in the mail mid week last week. It should be interesting and possibly quite lucrative when I'm finished. More on this as I go through the course.

---

Last week I read an interesting article in USA Today. Basically it said that the President's approval rating is sinking. And this is supposed to be a surprise? As I've written before, King George doesn't give a care about the opinions of the American people or the world at large anymore. Curious George has no more elections left and his place in history is basically secure, for better or worse. Here's the article.

---

Friday morning's meeting at work revealed the new schedule. During the summer we worked nine hour days from Monday-Thursday and 4 hours on Friday. Starting today we now have two teams that work four ten hour days. Half of the clean room people work Monday- Thursday and the other half work Tuesday thru Friday. I'm on the Tuesday through Friday crew. As a result of the switch, I found myself with a 3 1/2 day weekend this weekend and will have three day weekends every week following for the forseeable future. No complaints here.

The only disappointing thing about the schedule was that we were going to make a part today that we haven't made in over two years (not since before I started working there). I spent a good part of last week setting up the mold for it. I briefly thought about going in today to see how the run went, but chose not to when I turned off my alarm clock this morning, deciding that more sleep was the better option. Anyway, I'll see the results of today's work when I go in tomorrow.

---

What a great Patriots game on Sunday, though not if you are a Pittsburgh fan. Statistically they kicked the Steelers butts again, though mistakes early made the game closer than it should have been. Mr. Clutch was perfect in the 4th quarter, going 12 -12 for 168 yards. Then the best kicker in the game won it with one second left. Where have we seen that before... Final score New England Patriots 23, @ Pittsburgh Steelers 20. This game could have huge playoff implications in a few months.

Will the Red Sox win the AL East, secure the AL Wild Card or go home? The Sox begin the final seven games of the regular season at home, where their record is the best in MLB. The Yankees face the last seven games on the road. The division championship should come down to this weekend's clash with the Yankees. Right now both teams are half a game behind the Indians for the wild card lead.

---

I had an interesting driving experience today. I had to pick a few things up at my parents house. On the way home, I almost ran into a woman who couldn't decide if she wanted to get off of the highway or not. We were on Route 3 North going towards New Hampshire. I was less than two miles from my apartment. I was in the slow lane, since my exit was next and coming up quickly. This woman was straddling the line between the ramp and the slow lane - doing about 35 or so, while I'm slowing down to about 55 from 75. Yes, I know that I drive too fast, but you have to on most Mass highways. If you don't you're driving dangerously, because many times cars are doing in excess of 80.

---

Something to look forward to this week: On Thursday night at 8:00 PM EDT (on ABC) the fifth season of Alias begins. This is consistently one of the best shows on television. This will be an interesting season for the main reason that Jennifer Garner is pregnant and not due until November. When she made the announcement, there was speculation on how the shows writers and executives would handle it. Would they decide to incorporate it into the storyline or would they try to hide her pregnancy on the screen as some shows have done in the past. Happily they decided to write it into the show, since it is hard to hide your star in an action packed show such as this.

---

I'm sure there were other things that were noteworthy. That is the main drawback of writing about events of the last 14 days without notes and with a poor short term memory.

6 Comments:

At 27 September, 2005 11:57, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

I've always ahd better results from male hairstylists. Of course, the best haircut I ever got was from a gay guy...

 
At 27 September, 2005 11:57, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 27 September, 2005 20:15, Blogger Tim said...

scribe

I wasn't even going to speculate whether the guy was gay or not. He did an okay job on my hair, not great - but I've had worse.

 
At 27 September, 2005 22:59, Blogger American Guy said...

me, i don't believe in haircuts, which is why my ponytail is currently below my shoulder blades.

Every few years i get sick of it and shave it all off and start again.

 
At 27 September, 2005 23:05, Blogger Tim said...

Did you ever get your hair cut at Ray's when you were a kid?

 
At 29 September, 2005 19:24, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

Mine was named Joshua-did he tell you to call him too?

Because if he did, I will slap that bitch silly!


Uh, I mean, um, how about those Bears???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home