"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Monday, October 03, 2005

New schedule...day off? Nope.



So today was supposed to be my day off according to the new work schedule I'm on, as previously mentioned. But it didn't work that way this week.

I need to leave work at 4:30 PM tomorrow in order to make a dinner appointment that I have. So being the clever chap that I am, I told the powers that be that I would come in today and take Tuesday off instead. This so that I wouldn't have to make up the hour and a half that I'll miss later in the week.

Problem: when dropping off the kids last evening, the ex reminds me that she'll be bringing the kids over at 4:00 PM today so that she can attend the Spanish class she's taking for work. But I promised work that I would work a full day today, which is 7:30 AM-6 PM, since that is our new, normal work day. Can't do that, either. So I told them that I would work until 3 PM today and also tomorrow as well, since working less than four hours is not productive.

So I'm actually sneaking in four hours of overtime, since I only need to work ten hours between Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday thru Friday will be the standard 10 hour shift. Management hasn't said that overtime is prohibited now so we'll see if anyone notices the extra time. I don't actually mind doing the extra time as my job is always interesting. Plus, I wasn't able to work on my special project today because the hose I needed did not come in. (At least it wasn't there by the time I left at 3:00).

I can always use the money, anyway, as I seem to always be short when I need to meet certain monthly obligations (like rent, for example).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home