"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Monday, January 30, 2006

A step in the right direction

I'm tired of this.

What, you may ask, am I tired of?

I'm tired of watching my life swirl in a cloud of indecision and futility while I sit around and watch. I want things to happen (need them to, in fact) but am hesitant to have my life turned upside down by the decisions (or lack of) that I make...

So tonight I have started the process of jumping back into the game. Bigtime.

For now, all I'll say is that the first step of my journey to change & take hold of my life begins with a trip to Dallas, Texas at the beginning of March. I know I'll be there, now I just need to purchase the airfare to get me there. Or would it be cheaper (and a lot more time consuming) to drive the measly 1,768 miles ONE WAY?? NO, I'll probably fly there & back again, this time...

This will also be my first ever jaunt into the great state of Texas, so that in itself is something.

I will however ask you this: For those of you who are Christians, please pray for me and this decision. If everything works according to The Plan, it will be a huge, life altering decision for me. I've known that I've needed to do this for a while now but have been procrastinating.

Of course, my friends, I will post more about this as The Plan crystalizes and becomes more clear.

22 Comments:

At 31 January, 2006 01:00, Blogger American Guy said...

Oh dear

Always the cynic, I'm worried that you may be about to be taken advantage of. Has someone made you a promise along the lines of ‘if you come down to Texas and take part in this ‘seminar’ we guarantee that it’ll change your life’, or ‘just pay our reasonable fees and we’ll set you up with an unbeatable opportunity’ etc?

Remember the Russian woman experience. Confide in your family and friends what you’re planning on doing, and if they try to tell you that they’re skeptical, listen.

By all means, get people to pray for you. Just make sure you get some to talk to you as well.

 
At 31 January, 2006 04:36, Blogger DaBich said...

Good luck Green, and God be with you and guide you in this change. HUGZ!

 
At 31 January, 2006 09:36, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Have said a prayer for you.

 
At 31 January, 2006 12:56, Blogger Kristi B. said...

Yea! for Texas. Hope all goes well.

 
At 31 January, 2006 13:45, Blogger Deb said...

My prayers and thoughts are with you. I hope that God shows you the direction you need to be in. He has a plan for you---just go with it.

I wish you luck!!!

 
At 31 January, 2006 14:33, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

"For those of you who are Christians, please pray for me and this decision"

So Jews can't pray for you?

 
At 31 January, 2006 15:28, Blogger DaBich said...

Oh shit. I'm sure they can if they want to.

 
At 31 January, 2006 18:14, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

WHEW!!! That's a relief!!!



for them...

 
At 31 January, 2006 18:54, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have my full attention now....Is this work related??? Somehow I don't see you leaving NH for a job and leaving your kids behind....

 
At 31 January, 2006 18:55, Blogger Tim said...

constant: thanks. This'll be like one of those old time weekly serials - Will Green Post More Information? Will Things Work Out According to the Plan? STAY TUNED For The Next Exciting Episode of GREEN GETS BACK INTO THE GAME...

AG: This is nothing like the Russian Woman experience. I'm not about to be taken advantage of. I learned my lesson, sir, the hard way.

dabich, shelley, kristi & ~deb: Your prayer support is greatly appreciated. Thanks much.

scribe: Sure Jewish folks can pray for me. That'd be cool. Though I'm not entirely sure they'd want to...

 
At 31 January, 2006 19:04, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

green,

what happened with the Russian woman?

 
At 31 January, 2006 20:55, Blogger American Guy said...

"This is nothing like the Russian Woman experience. I'm not about to be taken advantage of. I learned my lesson, sir, the hard way."

In that case, a guarded good luck to you.

"Sure Jewish folks can pray for me. That'd be cool. Though I'm not entirely sure they'd want to..."

Oh no, you're going to study to become a minister of some sort. Otherwise why would the sons of Abe not want to support you?

Uh, Texas doesn't host a Nazi accedemy does it? Doesn't really seem like a good fit for you to be honest...

 
At 31 January, 2006 21:04, Blogger Tim said...

ummm yeah that's it, minister, yeah....

 
At 31 January, 2006 21:05, Blogger Tim said...

scribe: all you need to know about the russian woman is embedded in my june & july archives. read away...

 
At 31 January, 2006 21:42, Blogger Tim said...

tink: you would drive four hours to meet lil' ol' me? wowzers!

I shall be in Dallas on March 1-3.

 
At 31 January, 2006 22:22, Blogger Tim said...

Tink: That's cool - but you lost me with the ax and chainsaw bit...

Explanation, please???

 
At 31 January, 2006 22:23, Blogger Ruth said...

You will be in my state! Nifty! I do hope you have fun. Dallas (central) is not one of my favorite places, but parts of suburban Dallas are nice. So... am praying for your safe adventure to and from The Big D!! Much love, Sarafina

 
At 31 January, 2006 22:26, Blogger SuperSpyGal said...

Now you have me curious...I need answers and patience is NOT my middle name..LOL

Good Luck and God Bless...I hope you find what you're looking for..

Please let us know

 
At 31 January, 2006 22:35, Blogger Tim said...

So the great sarafina calls Texas home. That's neat, I didn't know that. Thanks for the prayers, btw...

What part of Texas are you from?

superspy: Don't worry, love - soon you will know, as will all. Curiosity will keep you coming back, I hope. Well, I hope you continue to visit regularly, curious or not...

 
At 31 January, 2006 23:03, Blogger Ruth said...

I've lived in Texas since '90. I have lived here in San Antonio since late May. :)

Now about this trip of yours...
One word??
eHarmony??

 
At 31 January, 2006 23:14, Blogger Tim said...

sarafina: bonus points to you for guessing. But I'm still not telling... ;>)

constant: yes, I was impressed that tink would want to make such a long trip to meet me. *blushes*
And my reason for going are nothing but positive. Yes, I'm checking it out first primarily becasue I've been invited. Second because I'll actually have money to go (thx to tax refund).

In any case I think I'll like what I see. Hopefully they will too.

 
At 01 February, 2006 14:11, Blogger DaBich said...

Scribe...the relief is that the Jews can pray or that they can chit?
Tink, I think it got lost in cyberspace!!
GREEN'S GOTTA GIRLFRIEND, GREEN'S GOTTA GIRLFRIEND :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home