"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Bang on my head (like a drum)

The time now is 04:44. Let me explain why I'm up this early, because I'm usually not.

Around 21:30 I started to feel a headache coming on, so I took two generic aleve, hoping it would not get worse. It did. By 22:30 I felt like my head was the bass drums in a large marching band. So I went to bed early. 22:30 is early for me. I lay there for about ten minutes and decided to take two more generic aleves since my head was still pounding. They apparently worked because I fell asleep shortly after.

While I was waiting to fall asleep I confirmed what I already know: that I am addicted to this blogger thing. Why? Because while my head was still pounding and I'm trying not to think about anything, my mind is still working - thinking about how I'd write about this lousy headache I'm having here for you all to read about.

Pathetic, isn't it?

I woke up because I had to pee. This waking up to pee is "old man's disease" as my friend AG diagnosed himself with a while ago. I discovered that he put an effective name to what was happening to me, and this was before I had my kidney stone issues a few months ago. Due to the stones, I now have a wimpy left kidney as I have to pee now every few hours. I used to be much better at holding it when I needed to, especially at night.

I'm posting now instead of at a reasonable hour because I left my computer on before I went to bed. Sunday morning at midnight is when I have scheduled for my anti-virus software to run, so the temptation was there to post since I didn't have to wait and boot up the machine. Another sure sign that I'm a blogslave, "since the computer is already on...it'll only take a few minutes to leave a post..."

So now that I've done it, I think I'll go back and find those pillows until my kids wake me up asking me, "Dad, can we have breakfast?"

BTW, my next post will be my 200th, which you won't want to miss.

15 Comments:

At 22 January, 2006 09:56, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOu took FOUR Aleve ? The normal dose is one every 12 hours. Maybe thats whats messing with your kidneys and/or bladder! Be careful with that stuff !

 
At 22 January, 2006 12:22, Blogger Tim said...

bluez: yes, I took four which surprised even me. Normally I only need two and that is enough to make the pounding go away. It definitely is unusual for me to take that many so close together.

Looking at the directions on the bottle, it says that the maximum dose should be three tablets per 24 hour period, so I guess I took more than I needed to. Hmmmm...

 
At 22 January, 2006 12:56, Blogger DaBich said...

Are they migraines???

 
At 22 January, 2006 13:03, Blogger Tim said...

I don't think so. I don't get headaches that often...and usually not that bad.

 
At 22 January, 2006 21:19, Blogger SuperSpyGal said...

I hate those nightime headaches too...sort of like that pounding and pounding inside your head, the constant waves of pain that come and go, keeping you up at night..
Oh, sorry..this probably brought back some bad memories :)
Glad you're feeling better, now go get some sleep and lay off the aleve for awhile !!

 
At 22 January, 2006 21:24, Blogger Tim said...

spygal: thanks for commenting on my blog!! New commenters are always welcome.

Yea those nighttime head pounders are realllly bad.

No more aleve for me until the next headache.... hopefully not for a looong time...

 
At 22 January, 2006 22:03, Blogger Ruth said...

I'm so glad you don't get migraines. They are the WORST! I luckily haven't had one in a year now. I recommend aromatherapy for headaches and compresses rock. I am allergic to most medicines, so I try the non medicated approach unless I'm desperate. I hope you see no more headaches... especially at bedtime...
Can't wait for the 200th post!

 
At 22 January, 2006 22:04, Blogger Nate said...

Green,

Dude I totally had a nasty headache yesterday that found it's way into this morning, and is starting to come back tonight! Must be a front coming through. It stinks!! Oh well, I guess another round of excedrine migraine.

PEACE,

NATE

 
At 23 January, 2006 09:28, Blogger Kristi B. said...

Geez. This is really bad. I've had "old man's disease" ever since I can remember. I'm really in trouble now.

 
At 23 January, 2006 12:32, Blogger Tumbleweed said...

Thanks for stopping by my place! There is a pill that the doctor can prescribe that you can take before bed and it will help you sleep through the night without having to use the restroom. I just got some a couple weeks ago for my 6 year old who was having trouble. They use it on old people too. he he

 
At 23 January, 2006 13:34, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

I've written about my awful migraines before-

http://scribecn.blogspot.com/2005/08/on-my-horrible-headaches.html

Contrary to what a stripper once told me, Aleve doesn't do anything for my pain.

 
At 23 January, 2006 14:49, Blogger Genna said...

Green: I am a migrane sufferer. You should try Excedrin Migrane. It works very well, even if it is not a migrane because it has caffeine in it to make it work faster.

Hope that helps.

 
At 23 January, 2006 17:14, Blogger Deb said...

Rumor has it you're writing erotica for your 200th post. Hmmm... That should be interesting indeed!

You know something? No lie, I'm 31 and I have to get up to pee about 3 times per night- OR more. So does that mean I'm an old fart? I even went to the doctor's---and they found nuttin'.

Anywhoooooo....hope your headache goes away. And yes, blogger could definitely be addicting much like crack, but I think it's a good thing. It shows your creativity as a writer that you 'think about your future posts' with each dilemma you go through.

Now we wait for your 200th post- which will be the most erotic one...RIGHT??? haha!

Feel better !!!

 
At 24 January, 2006 07:34, Blogger DaBich said...

Deb, do you drink a log of caffeine filled liquids? I find if I drink caffeine stuff later in the day,I have to get up. If I don't, then I'm fine.

 
At 25 January, 2006 18:43, Blogger Unknown said...

Perhaps in the middle of the night someone broke into your house and DID use your head as an African drum. That would surely cause lots of resonation in the skull cavity!

;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home