"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Sunday, August 27, 2006

What's all the fuss about?

This is a clarification of last Tuesday's post, in which I rather abruptly left you hanging without the full story.

So let me fill you in on just exactly what I was referring to.

If you've been reading my blog from the beginning, you may know that after my foolishness with the Russian woman, I joined eHarmony, a dating website with a far better reputation and a very convincing and sincere television ad campaign.

I've been with eHarmony for just over a year now and have been able to get through the guided communication process with a number of ladies to the point where we are able to send emails through the eHarmony system.

Briefly, the way eHarmony works is that they match members based on the lengthy personality profile that you are required to fill out at the beginning. So the matches you get are highly compatible based on more than just physical appearance. All communication is anonymous - that is no last names or other contact information is provided through eHarmony. That information is only shared when and if each person feels comfortable enough to give it out. And, unlike some other dating web-sites, you can only communicate with other matches once you have paid to join, thus weeding out or eliminating entirely the tire-kickers and people who aren't really serious about meeting other singles for a lasting relationship.

When you recieve matches you have four choices: you can begin the guided communication process; request fast-track (send email right away); put the match on hold (for communication later); or close out the match.

Out of all of the matches I've been sent over the past year, none has attracted my fancy or imagination as much as one particular match that I received on August 18th. Not only do I find her very attractive, but what she wrote in her introductory information just blew me away. So I chose the fast track option and have been waiting for her to respond, hoping that she will do so positively. See, she still has the four choices regarding me as a match. If she declines the fast track invitation, she could still choose to communicate through the guided process.

That's where the anticipation comes in. I'm dying to communicate with this woman because I think we'd be an excellent match. I anxiously check to see every day if she has responded to my request or not.

So here's what I know:

Her name is Lynn.
She gives her location as Atlanta / Birmingham, AL.
She's 34 and 5'3".
She's a Christian.
She doesn't smoke or drink.
She gives her occupation as a project manager / advertising producer / photographer, apparently in the non-profit sector.
And, finally her picture:




By leaving this post, I'm hoping to use the power and reach of the internet to my advantage. Basically what I'm hoping for is to find a needle in a haystack. If you live in her area of the country and if you happen to know this woman, please encourage her to contact me as soon as possible, either here through my blog or, better still on eHarmony...

And if she happens to see this - even better.

So Lynn, your eHarmony match from Nashua, New Hampshire, who requested that you respond via fast-track, really wants to talk to you!

UPDATE: The day after I left this post, I found out that she closed out our match on eharmony, stating that she is pursuing another relationship.

7 Comments:

At 28 August, 2006 04:40, Blogger DaBich said...

Hopefully this won't blow up in your face. What if she doesn't want her pic on your blog? Yikes!
Anyway, good luck, Green, with your search!

 
At 28 August, 2006 09:13, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You better hope she has a good sense of humor too....I'd be one pissed off lady if someone posted my pic in their blog! Good luck.

 
At 28 August, 2006 12:31, Blogger Kayla said...

Well, she is very pretty :-)
Lovely intense eyes, which is the first thing that catches my attention in a man.
I live in her area, but do not recognize her.
I'm not sure how she will feel about you posting her photo either.
If she is a more private type person, this may backfire on you.
Be careful..
And Good Luck!

 
At 28 August, 2006 12:55, Blogger Cezi said...

I don't think she will be upset about having her picture here...at least not as much as she will mind that you let everyone know that she uses a dating service. I have a couple girl friends that use an on-line dating service and it seems to be the biggest secret ever.
Anyway sweetie, I hope you find her...good luck.

 
At 28 August, 2006 18:06, Blogger Ruth said...

Oh, I know what that anticipation feels like. My only advice would be to tread lightly but be persistent. I too am unsure how she would react to having a stranger posting her pic, however, as I know in my own life ... good things can come to those who put themselves out there... even if it's out of character! That's how I found my husband and I don't regret it for a second. GOOD LUCK! xoS

 
At 28 August, 2006 22:25, Blogger Tim said...

d: if she asked me to take it down, I would.

bluez: if you wanna make an omellette you have to break some eggs...

kayla: well I knew it was a small chance that you might have known her since that's your 'hood.

cezi: good to see you back on the blog!! Maybe it's different for ladies. I'm not exactly shouting it from rooftops either that I use a dating site - but the truth hurts sometimes.

sarafina: I know it's a risky move but you do what you have to. Plus I'd take it down if she asked me to.

TO ALL: Thanks for your comments -
coincidentally I did get a response from her this morning when I logged into the site. She closed me out, giving as a reason that she is pursuing another relationship. Tough break for me. Well I'll keep looking.

 
At 29 August, 2006 04:36, Blogger DaBich said...

Bummer!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home