"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Friday, December 08, 2006

the S word and the F word

Snow Flurries

Woke up this morning to a balmy 20 degrees with a brisk wind and some slight precipitation. It's actually 19 degrees as I write this.

Which means the white stuff has made its first appearance in Nashua, to unofficially kick off the winter of 2006-07.

For the first snowflakes to come here in the second week of December is rather late. According to the guy at the U-Haul place, we had a snowstorm last Thanksgiving and I believe, a flurry in late October, though I can't recall when the first flakes came. I briefly looked back at last year's posts and couldn't find any mention of the first snow, though I'm sure I made a note of it somewhere on the blog.

My plan this morning was to return the truck and walk back to my apartment, about a mile, I think. Of course it felt like both the wind and snow were coming right at me, no matter which way I was walking.

How much snow will northern Massachusetts/ southern New Hampshire see this winter? Obviously that remains to be seen. However, I'll take the positive spin and say that this relatively late snowfall means a light winter.

Because as you all know, I just looooooooooooooove snow!!!!!!









(Ahem, NOT!)

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 08 December, 2006 13:47, Blogger Mystical Me said...

Its funny how people that dont live in the snow always envy the people who do. Then theres the people who do live in the snow & envy the people who dont. I think we all want what we dont have & when we have it, we could live without it. lol! I think once someone lives in it for awhile it starts to become more work then fun.
I hope you have a great, warm, & fun weekend sweetheart. Take care!! Love, MM XOXO

 
At 08 December, 2006 13:54, Blogger Tim said...

mm: if you want any of the snow I'll have to deal with this winter, then you are welcome to it....all of it.

warm weekend.....oooooooo

 
At 08 December, 2006 14:10, Blogger Ruth said...

It's 35 here in Texas, but noooo snoooow... My husband wants it. I don't. I will be happy if I see it fall but not if I have to shovel it or drive in it. I grew up in Ohio and that was ENOUGH for me. :o)

 
At 10 December, 2006 21:32, Blogger ~AprilD said...

I love my Ohio snow. I don't think we get enough of it!

 
At 12 December, 2006 05:24, Blogger DaBich said...

Snow is a four letter word...


lol


We had two or three inches middle of last week. YUCK!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home