"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Job Interview today

I've got a job interview today that looks promising. It's the first one I've had in quite a while, so I'm a wee-bit nervous. I'll provide more details as I'm able.

14:16 PM update: Well, the job interview went well from my perspective. It's a position that my previous work experience has made me well suited for. I got the interview through a temp agency and the interviewer left me with the impression that while they are looking for temps right now, these positions could full well become permanent hires due to a merger this month and the need for more people to get a handle o the additional work load. As most people seem to be in her position, she's the only person doing the job and seems overwhelmed by the amount of work on her plate. Now it's up to them to decide if they want to hire me or not. I think I'd do well at this job.... but then I'm biased towards myself - as I should be.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 02 May, 2007 17:12, Blogger American Guy said...

good luck

The thing with interviews is that even if you think you did well, a lot rides on how others did.

But still, that you feel you did well is a good indicator.

 
At 02 May, 2007 17:27, Blogger Tim said...

ag: too true. If I don't get the job it certainly won't be for lack of qualification but on some other factor out of my control, such as the interviews of others. One thing working in my favor is that there are several openings that they are trying to fill for the same job - to share in the workload - because of their growth and expansion.

 
At 02 May, 2007 19:54, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

Good luck! One thing you must look out for: Excessive friendliness and empathy from the interviewer. It is a diversionary tactic to test how professional you are!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home