"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Friday, April 27, 2007

Panic in the Bronx? In April, no less.

I'd say so.

Red Sox fans revel in just the thought of it, let alone the reality of it. Implosion in the Yankees clubhouse. The Yankees haven't won a game in a week and open a now crucial three game series against the Red Sox tonight at the Stadium.

ESPN.com reoprts on the chaos in New York.

I really don't think that the Yankees are that bad. Their line-up from one to nine is a killer, even better now that Hideki Matsui is back from the disabled list. However their pitching woes are another story and remain the biggest question mark.

Personally, it takes some of the fun out of the series if your opponent isn't up to snuff. Red Sox-Yankees is the best theater when both teams are healthy. Still, anytime the Yankees are down it must bring a smile to the faces of long time residents of Red Sox Nation. Some of the fun, I said.

This post will be updated, as last Friday's was, with the completion of each game.

Here are the pitching matchups on tap for the weekend:

April 27: Boston 11, @ New York 4
Matsuzaka v. Pettite [WP=Matsuzaka (3-2), LP=Pettite (1-1)]
Lugo, Youkilis power Sox, Yankees pitching woes continue.

April 28: @ New York 3, Boston 1
Wakefield (2-2) v. Karstens (0-1) [WP=Igawa (2-1), LP=Wakefield (2-3), SV=Rivera (1)]
Yankees snap seven game losing streak.

April 29: Boston 7, @ New York 4
Tavarez (0-2) v. Wang (0-1) [WP=Tavarez (1-2), LP=Wang (0-2), SV=Papelbon (8)]
Three homers power Red Sox past Yankees; finish April 16-8.

2 Comments:

At 27 April, 2007 19:31, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep our pitching sucks, however I adore Andy Petite, I mean I adore looking at him, he's just so hot in pinstripes. Both my kids are at the game tonight, I hope it doesn't get postponed!

Lets see who's playin ball in October, its still early yanno!!

 
At 27 April, 2007 21:35, Blogger Tim said...

I know it's still early, but if I have an opportunity to stick it to ya, I'm gonna do it!!!

At least your kids get to see Dice-K. Pretty cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home