"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Unexpected, this was...

I have a long list of blogs over there on my sidebar that I visit often, some admittedly more than others. One particular blog I linked to a while ago and had been reading occasionally but had never left a comment. That is most unusual for me. Usually I'll leave a comment that at minimum lets the blog owner know I've been there. (Commenters are good and always welcome.) Yesterday I did leave a few comments on that blog. What was different was that that person responded back, not by leaving another comment, as is usually the case, but by actually sending me an honest to goodness email.

Amazing, isn't it?

I was shocked! Pleased but shocked. Definitely.

As it turned out, we exchanged a few more emails last night and chatted on Yahoo Instant Messenger for about an hour or so this morning.

And I'm looking forward to more pleasant conversations in the days to come. I hope you are too.

So I just wanted to say thank you. You helped put a nice finishing touch to my day yesterday and brightened my morning considerably. But I must confess, when I logged into YIM this morning I was hoping you'd be there but had little expectation of it. I figured that you, like most people, would be unavailable during the work day for personal chats for obvious reasons. Glad am I that I was wrong.

And thanks for another great conversation tonight.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 07 June, 2007 20:35, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

People used to do that to me when I first started- in fact, half of my readers used to send me emails in the beginning til I told them my fragile ego needed to see comments.

 
At 08 June, 2007 14:55, Blogger Kayla said...

I hope she's a beautiful female!
;-)

 
At 08 June, 2007 14:58, Blogger Rebecca said...

That was a nice post! :) It's always nice to know when someone's life has been touched by another. :)

 
At 08 June, 2007 15:19, Blogger Tim said...

scribe: other bloggers have rarely if ever sent me email, which is why I was so surprised.

kj: she certainly is - and a very sweet person to boot.

rebecca: thanks.

 
At 08 June, 2007 16:31, Blogger JLee said...

I have met some wonderful people through blogging..Some others...not so much. ha
Good for you for meeting someone nice! You deserve it.

 
At 08 June, 2007 20:09, Blogger Tim said...

jlee: let's not read anything into this for more than what it is.
I mean I live in NH and she does not.

I just appreciated the conversation and the newfound friendship. And we'll go from there. That's all I'm saying, and I like to think she'd agree.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home