"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Monday, November 12, 2007

Road Trip

Well boyz and girlz, ladeeeeez and gentz

I'm off to see the Wizard! The Wonderful Wizard of Oz!!!!

Well, not really. Not even close, actually.

At this time tomorrow, if all goes according to the plan, I'll be leaving for South Carolina to meet Esther.

I'm driving the roughly 15 hours it takes to get there, and plan to do most of my driving at night, when there is less traffic and traffic jams to deal with. I'm planning to make the trip without checking into a hotel along the way.

Don't you worry, though. I'm not going to attempt to drive for 15 hours straight. There will be meal and pee stops as necessary and more than likely one stop, for an as yet undetermined period of time, to catch some z-z-z-z-z's in my car.

The most important stop en route though, will be to freshen up a wee bit before I arrive, so I won't look quite as frumpy as I'm sure I'm gonna look and feel when I finally get there.

"You never get a second chance to make a first impression."

This was a line from an old soap/deodorant/cologne commercial that has stuck with me through the years. How true it was then and how true it is now. Funny thing about truth. It never gets old or goes out of style.

This will be another traveling first for me. I've never spent any meaningful time in the great state of South Carolina. Only once have I ever been to South Carolina and that was when I was a wee-small lad and drove to Florida with the fam in the late 1970's. But that's a whole 'nother story for a whole 'nother time. (Or NOT!!)

I will be posting next on Wednesday night from South Carolina.

'Til then people, I'm outta here.

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

At 12 November, 2007 21:29, Blogger American Guy said...

break a leg

and whether it works with esther or not (and hopefully it does of course) you should love SC. I loved living in Charleston lots of good seafood.

 
At 13 November, 2007 05:38, Blogger DaBich said...

Good luck, drive safely, HAVE FUN!!!!

 
At 13 November, 2007 20:01, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well you could have stopped off in Philly and I would have bought you dinner, sheeze! Have a SAFE trip and good luck to you and Ester!

 
At 14 November, 2007 21:17, Blogger American Guy said...

well?





oh, and we want pictures of the two of you together!

 
At 15 November, 2007 07:47, Blogger lccb81 said...

LIAR!!!!

 
At 15 November, 2007 16:22, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

Yeah, stop stealin' our thunder!!!

 
At 15 November, 2007 17:49, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vultures R US

 
At 15 November, 2007 22:26, Blogger EE said...

Be safe!!!! Have a great trip!!!

 
At 16 November, 2007 08:48, Blogger DaBich said...

Well, it must be going dayum good, they're too busy with each other to post ;)

 
At 16 November, 2007 11:24, Blogger Jen Pierce said...

They both came over last night and hung out!!! It's going great between them!!! They'll be posting soon! FP

 
At 16 November, 2007 21:06, Blogger American Guy said...

nonsense d. green being an extremely literal xian would surely have noticed one or two bits in his book about no sex outside marriage.




(this is where he now tells us that this part is (conveniently) metaphorical.)

 
At 16 November, 2007 21:57, Blogger Jen Pierce said...

check out my blog everyone for the first picture of Green & esther

 
At 21 November, 2007 07:48, Blogger ~AprilD said...

I'm convinced - you're never coming back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home