"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

2007 World Series Preview

The 103rd World Series begins tonight between the Colorado Rockies and my Boston Red Sox.

The schedule for the series is over on the sidebar and will be updated after every game.

The Rockies scare me as the Red Sox opponent. They came into Fenway this year during inter-league play and won two out of three, kicking the Red Sox around in the process. They are also on a scary good post season roll, becoming the first team to win their first seven post season games since the Cincinnati Reds did it in 1976. If they win game one tonight, they will tie the 2004 Red Sox for most consecutive post season wins. They've also been on a roll otherwise, losing only once in their last 21 or 22 games, just to qualify for the playoffs.

As far as individual match-ups go, I don't know enough to say position by position who is better, but today's Boston Globe does.

What I think is that the Red Sox playoff experience from 2004, along with home-field advantage will tip the scales in their favor. It's going to be a tough series, though.

The Red Sox should win the first two games at home, with a pair of former World Series MVP's as their starting pitchers. If the Sox can win one of the three games in Denver, then they should win it at Fenway in game six. If they get swept at Coors Field, then they should win it in seven games.

=========

And I need to wish my little man a Happy Birthday today. That's right folks, M turns 8 today, officially at 20:29. Where has the time gone???

=========

As I was driving to the ATM after work this afternoon, I had to smile as the station I normally listen to played a song I haven't heard in years. Such a stupid song, too. That song was "Bang Your Head" by Quiet Riot. Starting with Quiet Riot, a recent sampling of songs this station followed with:

"Purple Rain" by Prince
"Love Will Find a Way" by Pablo Cruise
"A view to Kill" by Duran Duran
"Maggie May" by Rod Stewart
"Yeah" by Usher
"Pink Houses" by JC Mellencamp
"Born to Run" by Bruce Springsteen
"Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond
"Back in Black" by AC/DC
"Still the One" by Orleans
"I Alone" by Live

and

"What's Going On" by Marvin Gaye.

I love the eclectic variety of music this station plays.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 25 October, 2007 08:03, Blogger DaBich said...

Dayum, Green, the Sox kicked the Rox butts last night! What a game! Something I didn't expect. What happened to the Rockies?

I'd love to listen to that radio station...that's hell of a fine mix.
P.S. Scribe and Bluez are on strike till you post on the Movie blog...just sayin...

 
At 25 October, 2007 10:31, Blogger ~AprilD said...

Sweeeeeet Caaroooliiine!
Bum! Bum! Bum!


That was my attempt at singing on a response.

 
At 25 October, 2007 18:10, Blogger EstherNow said...

Yes, Green, the Sox really kicked some booty last night!

Your list of songs is great. I know you have eclectic taste in music, but I like those songs too. We'll do just fine with the music, I think. :)

Hmmmm. . .there's a strike going on, but I can vouch that you've been trying hard to finish the movie in between your new job, the baseball series (plural), me, and the kids. I just thought I'd speak for you for what it's worth.

It's all in good fun!

 
At 25 October, 2007 18:38, Blogger Stephanie Faris said...

"Sweet Caroline" -- they sing that at all the games, don't they? One of the few things I learned from my trips to Boston!

 
At 26 October, 2007 11:27, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

Great, with esther's voucher, the wind has been knocked out of my metaphorical strike sailing ship!!!

 
At 27 October, 2007 08:59, Blogger EE said...

Go Red Sox!
I haven't heard Purple Rain in ages. I may have to download it from Itunes today.
I would ablsolutely love your help with my blog...sorry it's taken so long to get back to you.
My email is: fivestrongs@aol(dot)com. Thanks!!!!

 
At 28 October, 2007 14:35, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

I love satellite radio. That way you can hear what you want to hear, when you want to hear it, as long as you don't have a CD with you in the car.

Happy B-day to the little man! They grow up SO FAST, don't they?!

 
At 29 October, 2007 11:32, Blogger DaBich said...

OK...Series is over....SOX RULE! Congrats! =D

Now...fill us in...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home