"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Saturday, June 07, 2008

On to the general election!

Now that Hillary Clinton is officially out of the race for President, we can get on to the business of the general election.

Barack Obama vs. John McCain.

Should be a good fight all the way to the conventions and on to November 4th. Both candidates have vowed to keep this a clean campaign. Yeah, right. We'll see how long that lasts. I'll bet you that McCain will do the first bit of mud-slinging, whenever that happens. Wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Now the question is who will each candidate choose as a veep?

Will Hillary be the right choice for Obama? Maybe someone from Ohio or Pennsylvania, two key battleground states, which will help. One thing we do know: John Edwards wants nothing to do with being the VP candidate this time around. (Can you say Attorney General?)

Will McCain, as American Guy suggested, tab Condi Rice or possibly the Mittster- Mitt the Mormon?

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 08 June, 2008 06:18, Blogger American Guy said...

I don't know, my thinking has shifted on the mccain vp pick. I reckon the smart money is on bobby jindal now.

if i was in his shoes, he's who i'd go with.

 
At 08 June, 2008 19:25, Blogger Tim said...

AG: has your thinking shifted on the McCain VP pick becasue of all the Republican - leaning stuff you heard from your dad and his fiancee' while you were here?

I have no idea who Bobby Jindal is, so he's probably a good selection for Johnny-boy.

I still think, no matter who McCain picks that the Democrats will win easily because of the widespread disenfranchisement dubya's administration has brought on, both domestically (crappy economy, high gas prices) and internationally (ever popular War in Iraq).

 
At 08 June, 2008 22:17, Blogger lccb81 said...

People are known to be loyal (I had another word here, but that wouldn't be fair, regardless of how right I think I am). I don't know how easy it will be for the democrats.

 
At 09 June, 2008 03:42, Blogger American Guy said...

Jindal is the 36 year old, conservative, born to indian immigrant parents, governor of Louisiana. Google him - he's an interesting character, even if you don't agree with him. He'll appeal to a lot of people on both the right and left of mccain.

More importantly, he's the closest thing the republicans have to their own obama. I think he'll draw in a lot of votes.

No, I've been following jindal's progress for a while, but had thought he might be too young for the conservatives to take seriously. Apparently though, he's got a lot of support in some unlikely quarters.

And to call my dad 'republican leaning' is a bit of an understatement. These days he's firmly in the camp that thinks mccain (or 'old white guy' as he calls him) is a liberal who'll give away the shop. My dad's only republican leaning in the sense that ghengis khan is agressive leaning.

 
At 09 June, 2008 10:29, Blogger DaBich said...

Chit. Obama picks Hillary for VP and I have to write in Rudy for Prez for sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home