"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Monday, July 28, 2008

cha-ching

I thought this article was interesting. It talks about the 10 most expensive cities to live in in the United States.

You want to know which cities made the list? Read the article and click on the link that lets you go to the picture tour of these places.... nah, you don't have to. I'll tell ya.

The top two should be obvious. but here's the list anyway:

10. Washington D.C.
9. Boston, MA
8. Houston, TX
7. White Plains, NY
6. Chicago, IL
5. San Francisco, CA
4. Honolulu, HI
3. Miami, FL
2. Los Angeles, CA
1. New York, NY

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 28 July, 2008 20:18, Blogger DaBich said...

I don't want to live in ANY big city, I'm a small town girl!

 
At 28 July, 2008 20:43, Blogger lccb81 said...

the list is wrong. boston is more expensive chicago.

 
At 29 July, 2008 17:16, Blogger American Guy said...

heh. having lived in 3,9, and 10, and having spent time in 1 and 5, i can believe this.

One question: White Plains???

 
At 29 July, 2008 17:25, Blogger Tim said...

d: I want to liv close enough to a big city to be able to do stuff but far enough away so that it's peaceful.

lccb: having only been through Chigago O'Hare, I can't say how expensive it is or not but it doesn't surprise me that it's up there. I thought Boston would be higher. And I live close enough to that city. I think the list is pretty accurate.

AG: Yeah, White Plains. Big City "suburb" of NYC. Been there. Unimpressed.

 
At 31 July, 2008 18:36, Blogger EstherNow said...

AG: Have you really lived in all those cities? You're quite the traveler. :)

Green: I would have thought Boston to be higher.

Was there any background info about what factors were considered in the cost-of-living (i.e. type of travel used in the city)? Just curious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home