"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas 2008 style

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given..." -- Isaiah 9:6a KJV

"Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel." -- Isaiah 7:14 KJV

In spite of all the consumerism surrounding Christmas these days, let's not forget the true reason for the season. Merry Christmas, everyone.

----

As of today, I've officially entered the last six months of my thirties. Yay for me.

----

So I'm sure you're all wondering what my Christmas was like, and what I did today. No? Well, I'm going to sum it up for you: Just about nothing.

I slept until about 8:00 and decided to finish off season two, disc five of Melrose Place before getting out of bed.

After a shower and breakfast, I played some Nintendo and read a few chapters of the book I was trying to finish before my brother came over at noon. We went over to visit with my younger sister and to see the house she's just moved into. We stayed for about an hour and then took off.

I went home to grab some lunch and look at the movie show times when my parents called. They were on the ship preparing for a three day mini cruise to the Bahamas, with my 91 year old grandmother and her friend. They're having fun, and my grandmother is doing relatively well for a nonagenarian. She even liked the Christmas present I sent with my parents for her.

After I ate, I read some more and got within a chapter of finishing the book before I headed out to the movies, where I saw a matinee showing of this movie, which was pretty good over all, though sad at the end. Perhaps I'll review it in detail once it hits DVD sometime in March or April, probably.

Since I had the book I was reading in my jacket pocket and only had a chapter to go, I decided to finish it in the parking lot of the movie theater, so that I could drop it in the library book slot on my way past. When I got home I called my ex to wish her, V and M a Merry Christmas and to confirm where and when I'll be picking the kiddoes up tomorrow evening.

After playing a few more games of Nintendo, I decided to sit and write this post for y'all.

As you can see, my Christmas has been a rather solitary one, unfortunately. Unlike last Christmas, which I spent in South Carolina, this has been quite a lonely day. I won't say depressing, but certainly not filled with the normal Christmas cheer. I enjoy my alone time but I tell you that it royally sucks to be single on a holiday such as this.

I hope you've had a blessed and truly Merry Christmas. God bless.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 26 December, 2008 16:57, Blogger pmesquivel333@yahoo.com said...

Merry Christmas ;)

 
At 28 December, 2008 21:39, Blogger scribe said...

Maybe you needed the alone-time?

 
At 28 December, 2008 21:44, Blogger Tim said...

Pris: Merry Christmas to you too.

scribe: perhaps I did.

 
At 29 December, 2008 06:12, Blogger DaBich said...

Sorry on the alone time, that sucks for Christmas. Hopefully the time spent with the kids the next couple days was better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home