"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Sunday, December 21, 2008

First Day of Winter

Since we're in the midst of the third of three successive snowstorms here in the Northeastern United States in the last week, I gridgingly ought to acknowledge the Winter Solstice, which begins precisely now, at 7:04 AM EST.

The down side to this weather is that the raods are horrible and it takes twice as long to get to where you're going. On Friday, when the second snow storm was starting, it took me two hours to get to my kids house to pick them up for the weekend and three hours to get back home. This is a trip that normally takes me 90 minutes one way.

I suppose the only bright side to this whole mess is that the daylight hours get longer from here on out, at least for the next six months or so.

Have I mentioned here before how much I hate snow??

(Rhetorical question - you don't need to answer that...)

You're fortunate if you do not have to deal with snow.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 21 December, 2008 17:54, Blogger scribe said...

My job was one of the few places to remain open as pounds of snow fell upon the earth and our heads and vehicles. I was in shock.

 
At 21 December, 2008 18:12, Blogger Tim said...

How much snow did you get? I think between the three storms combined, we probably have 20-26" of the white stuff.

I'm ready for spring already, and winter has just begun...

 
At 21 December, 2008 20:37, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun with that snow up there Green! Its hard to believe I'm only 4 hours south and we got nuttin but rain.

Hey, at least you'll have a white Christmas! Hope you have a great holiday with the kidlets.

My son get here tomorrow at 5, I can't wait. Looking forward to family here for the holidays.

 
At 29 December, 2008 06:13, Blogger DaBich said...

UGH! I hate winter and I HATE snow!
I'm with you on those sentiments!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home