"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Thursday, June 25, 2009

XL

Happy Birthday to me.




Yep, I've reached the big 4-0. And I couldn't be happier about it. The decade of my 30's started out real good with the birth of my son, but after that it was pretty much a crappy ten years. Easily the worst decade of my life, so far.

What will my fifth decade of life bring? I have no idea but I'm ready for it. Bring it on.

No mid-life crisis here. Nope. Sure I'm not where I want to be personally or professionally, but there's plenty to look forward to. Life is just too good.

Yeah, I'm generally an optimistic person.

What am I doing today? Aside from one errand that I've got to do this morning, which I may blog about at some point, absolutely nothing. Well, nothing else is on the schedule, let's put it that way.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 25 June, 2009 16:19, Blogger scribe said...

Happy birfday.

 
At 25 June, 2009 17:28, Blogger American Guy said...

yay for milestones.

I'll be hitting mine in a few months. Thanks to IG and the kids, I'll be spending it in Dublin!

incidentally, when i first saw the title to this post, i thought you were going to regale us with tales of buying an oversized shirt or something. (I had temporarily forgetten your fondness for roman numerals.)

 
At 25 June, 2009 21:30, Blogger scribe said...

I share that fondness. The book I'm currently writing uses them for chapter headings.

 
At 26 June, 2009 07:06, Blogger Blanche said...

Happy Birthday Green!!

 
At 28 June, 2009 20:41, Blogger ~AprilD said...

Awwe, I missed it! Shame on me!

I hope you had a great day and lots of blessings in the next ten years!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home