"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Another news icon is retiring



Ted Koppel is retiring as of November 22, 2005 as host of "Nightline". He has been host and anchor of this program since its inception 25 years ago, during the Iran Hostage crisis.

So ABC News is undergoing major changes, in need of new talent to host both Nightline and World News Tonight, since the late Peter Jennings stepped down in April.

What an opportunity for the next generation of news reporters who long to sit in the anchor chair. NBC's Tom Brokaw and CBS' Dan Rather retired within the last year also. Major changes at the networks don't happen often, and hardly all at the same time or as close together as you could possibly get.

Once upon a time I wanted to work in television news, but I wanted to be a sportscaster. Oh well.

---

Today, as is supposed to be all weekend, was a rainy day. My kids and I had a pajama day. We didn't go anywhere or do anything terribly exciting. The kids watched "Robots" and "Cinderella" on DVD and played the boardgame "Pay Day", with occasional help from me. I've been trying to clean my apartment, with some success.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home