"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Tight budget...again.




Once again it's the beginning of the month and I find myself with a tight budget. I just can't go shopping. Those bookstore episodes killed me. I'm getting tired of borrowing money from people. If you'd like to make a donation to the green fund....

---

Well, the overtime plan didn't fly, so I only had to work for three hours today. Now I have the ten hours that I would have worked today made up. No problem. We weren't running anything anyway.

My hoses did come in yesterday. I saw the box from the place we ordered them from on the floor in one of the offices, but the box didn't seem big enough. Of course I didn't bother to open it to see what was inside... So today I spent my time working on my project, which is replacing all of the water/glycol hoses on the three machines we use for production and R & D. In the last few days of running we had a couple of leaks that either shut down or limited that day's production schedule. This was the impetus for replacing the hoses.

---

Today I'm going out to dinner with two of my old college buddies - the same guys I wrote about in early July, the last time we got together. It should be a good time. I'll report back on what we talked about later tonight. The discussion is usually pretty interesting. My friend G is a school teacher in a private school and P writes computer software and is an IT guy for an insurance company.

---

Surprisingly, my friends and I didn't really have any memorable conversation. We just small talked through a pleasant dinner & drinks, while watching the Red Sox get tattooed in the first game of the ALDS, 14-2. G did say that he was disappointed that he wasn't teaching one of his favorite classes this year, the only year he doesn't in a four year class rotation. This class of his prompted most of our discussions during our meetings. We've scheduled another get together for the end of November or the first week in December, depending on our schedules.

2 Comments:

At 06 October, 2005 21:11, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

Used bookstores are a beautiful thing.

 
At 06 October, 2005 22:33, Blogger Tim said...

Constant

I did have fun. See small update below.

scribe

Used or not, I'd still spend too much. All of the books I bought the last time were from the discount and clearance shelves.

I just need to stay away. Problem is I lack the willpower sometimes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home