"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Saturdays were made for errands


Normally I buy into that statement 100%. Not today.

The only place we HAD to go was the grocery store. So my kids and I went out to do that this afternoon. We didn't go to the post office. We didn't go to the recycle center. We didn't go visit my family. All things we routinely do on Saturdays. We did the one errand that we had to do out and about, then came back to the apartment and that was it.

My kids did help me wrap some Christmas presents for some of my family. Otherwise we just hung out.

I made them watch one of my favorite Disney movies, the original 'Herbie' movie, "The Love Bug". I've always had a thing for the old style VW Beetle. I think that's the main reason why I like this movie. It's by no means a classic, but it is good family entertainment. My daughter seemed to like it once she got into it, but my son did not. That disappointed me a bit. Aren't biys supposed to like movies about cars? Apparently not at six years old.

My daughter V chose the movie tonight, and she picked "Anastasia". That was good as it isn't one they regularly pick. Tomorrow night is my choice. I know already what I'm going to pick. I've already told them it is a black and white movie, made before there were movies in color. My daughter thinks it'll be bad because it's not in color. I'm actually looking forward to watching it too, because I've never seen it. I saw the 1976 remake with Jeff Bridges and Jessica Lange and I'll probably see the new version coming out soon because it's directed by the estimable Mr. Peter Jackson.

Of course I'm referring to the original King Kong, which came out on DVD a few weeks ago. I'll tell you how we liked it in tomorrow's post.

My son M should like it because he likes apes & monkeys. I'm not too sure what my daughter V will think once she sees it OR even if she'll watch it. It came out in like 1933 so there won't be any nudity or graphic sex, 'least I don't think so, anyway. Maybe a bit of violence but surely it couldn't be any worse than the violence in the programs/cartoons they watch these days.

What else did we/I do today? I sent an email to a friend, received a reply and sent a reply back. I'm doing a load of laundry and remaking my bed with nice clean sheets. We made chocolate/peanut butter chip brownies this evening, which we had for dessert. Yum. I'm also going through some of the stacks of papers lying around, selectively shredding some and saving others. While V & M were watching the movie tonight, I was reading the back posts of two new bloggers to my list of links, avery and wickedly blonde. These are two interesting reads who probably aren't aware I've linked them, yet. So check them out, ok?

You know, I've noticed that most of the blogs I've linked to are written by women. Why is that, I wonder? Could it be because I'm a single guy? Maybe, maybe not. Primarily it's becasue they are well written and interesting. And if I didn't link them, I'd forget their URL's, which would be a bad move on my part.

Right now I've got the tv on to "The Fugitive", because that's the best thing that's on, though I'm not really watching it. It's just on for background noise, which is what I do most of the time instead of listening to a music CD.

Oh well, back to work. The night is young...

9 Comments:

At 11 December, 2005 00:49, Blogger Ruth said...

Chocolate/peanut butter chip brownies?! Green, you're the best dad EVER!! :) That does it... I'm making my favorite GF fudgeriffic brownies this instant! So what if it's 10 minutes til' midnight...

 
At 11 December, 2005 10:55, Blogger Tim said...

Well maybe not the best dad ever...

How about a dad that tries real hard to be the best but falls woefully short (in my opinion, though my kids may disagree).

Or how about a dad who loves his kids very much and tries to do fun things with them sometimes so that they think he's the best dad, ever.

Or how about they're stuck with me whether I'm a good dad or not and I just happen to like chocolate peanut butter chip brownies and would have made them even if they were not here?


Just exploring all of the possibilities... you decide which is true.

 
At 11 December, 2005 15:35, Blogger Ruth said...

Sounds like you're a good deal no matter what.

* A dad with good taste
* A dad that tries
* A fun (or perhaps funny) dad
* A dad who bakes!

Speaks for itself!

 
At 11 December, 2005 19:52, Blogger Genna said...

Green,

I totally agree with Sarafina.

And chocolate with peanut butter is the best combo ever. MMM... Brownies. You are making us all hungry.

:> How was your Sunday? Did you go to church?

 
At 11 December, 2005 20:18, Blogger Tim said...

Sarafina & Genna: I agree that peanut butter & chocolate IS an awesome combination.

And if you're both agreeing that I'm a great dad, well thanks for the compliment. I do try but think I fall short of the mark. Parenting is not easy, as you know, and I'm far from perfect...

 
At 11 December, 2005 21:08, Blogger Ruth said...

There is no such thing as being a perfect dad... however, I'd like to think a "best," or "great" dad is one that you learn from. Look at it this way, you're a fantastic teacher! :) Who wants to live with a Type A, wooden, boring dad??

 
At 11 December, 2005 21:14, Blogger Tim said...

Well I can say this: Knowing how much I love my kids and how much joy it gives me whrn they hug me and tell me they love me sure gives me all of the incentive to be the best dad I can for them. They deserve no less than my best effort...

 
At 11 December, 2005 22:53, Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

I remember the 'Herbie, the Love Bug' movies although I never did actually watch them in their entirety.

Funny you mention the new 'King Kong' dvd. I recently purchased it for a friend on their b-day. Sounds like you're gonna have an excellent evening tomorrow. Enjoy!

BTW...my word verification is: twybamwf. Let me know if you notice anything with that. *giggles*

 
At 11 December, 2005 22:57, Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

Oops, I'm guessing that this evening is 'tomorrow evening' since you posted on the 10th...Duh LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home