"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Weekend wrap-up

The Patriots moved one step closer to locking up the AFC East today, routing Buffalo on the road 35-7. The Patriots set a franchise record with 32 first downs in the game and converted about 70% of their third down opportunities. They also had the ball for almost 42 minutes. They just flat out dominated this game, which they should have. The scary thing for other teams in the league is that the Patriots appear to be getting healthy at the most critical time of the season. I'm guessing that the Patriots are one team that no one will want to play in the playoffs, including Indy, who beat up the Pats earlier this year. Tough game next Saturday vs. Tampa Bay at the Razor. Hopefully the weather will be bad. Tampa should not be used to playing in bad weather and the Patriots play well in it.

---

As I mentioned last night, my choice for tonight's movie was the original "King Kong". Horrible, stiff acting but overall a great monster movie. State of the art special effects for its time. What a classic scene near the end, King Kong fighting the planes on top of the Empire State Building. M loved it as I thought he would. V said it was interesting, but she did watch the whole thing, which was great.

---

We did not go to church today, even though the sky was clear. There is really no excuse for that, so I won't make one up. We didn't even go out to the store, even though I could have used some quarters in order to do another load of laundry. Oh well, I did one load yesterday - which was key, since I was out of a crucial piece of clean clothing.

---

I have tomorrow off, but that will change in January. I've asked to go back to the regular five day, eight hour per work week instead of four day, ten hour per that I've been working for the last couple of months.

---

The ex will come and pick up the kids in the morning for school and I'll need to take them to their martial arts class tomorrow night. I can't wait until this duty is done.

9 Comments:

At 12 December, 2005 05:19, Blogger DaBich said...

I think the cold, snowy weather makes everyone want to sleep...kinda like the bears hibernating. Sounds like a nice quiet weekend in any case. You sound like a good Dad, Green :)

 
At 12 December, 2005 07:44, Blogger Tim said...

Thanks. I try.

 
At 12 December, 2005 09:16, Blogger Genna said...

I think most people would envy you for having Mondays off... They are terrible and should be taken off of the calendar. But I guess then we would hate Tuesdays instead.

Have a good day off.

 
At 12 December, 2005 17:14, Blogger Ruth said...

Hope you enjoy!! :)

 
At 12 December, 2005 18:35, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can NOT wait to see the new King Kong movie!! I'm a huge Jack Black fan back to his Tenacious D days!! The special effects look unreal and I saw Peter Jackson on a show, holy CRAP has he lost weight! Gotta google how he made the movie all by computer images but never once touched the computer!! I guess thats what assistants are for. Let me know what you think about the movie, I'll let you go first but I definately want to see it on the big screen....

 
At 13 December, 2005 10:53, Blogger Stephanie said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend with the kids!

Thanks for stopping by my site! Loved your insights!

King Kong, hmmm? I don't think I have ever seen it all the way through. Interesting...

 
At 13 December, 2005 12:43, Blogger Tim said...

Stephanie

thanks. You are welcome to comment here anytime...

 
At 14 December, 2005 03:21, Blogger Wenchy said...

Not sure about that King Kong movie... would you recommend it?

 
At 14 December, 2005 21:35, Blogger Tim said...

KIng Kong the original movie - it was good. If you can deal with the horrible, stiff acting then you'll be fine. It is afterall, a classic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home