"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The Plan is taking shape

I was looking online last night at what airfare will cost me for a round trip ticket from either Manchester, NH (MHT) or Boston, MA (BOS) to Dallas (DFW) for three days. Somewhere in the neighborhood of $300.00 and up. There are so many on-line places to purchase airline tickets these days that it can get kind of confusticating. So I called my older sister C and left her a message & sent her an e-mail.

I decided to call her back tonight, since I hadn't heard back from her. Older sister C (as opposed to younger sister C) was a travel agent for many years and currently works for an airline at the Portland, Maine airport. Right off the top she suggested I use one of her "buddy passes." She gets eight of these every year, at significant discount from regular airfare. So tomorrow she will find out the cost so that I can send her a check and then she will send me the tickets.

It's all about who you know, right? How cool is that?

I will be in Dallas sometime on Wednesday, March 1. The reason for my going takes place on March 2 & 3. As it stands now, I'll be flying back on the 3rd, but maybe on the 4th or 5th, depending on what the best arrangements I can make are and what other things there are to do in the "big D".

Actually, I'm kind of excited about it. It is always interesting going to a place for the first time.

Now I have something to look forward to.

8 Comments:

At 31 January, 2006 22:28, Blogger Ruth said...

Future plans (esp. travel I find) is always a welcome part of the horizon. I hope you find what you seek! :)

 
At 31 January, 2006 22:29, Blogger SuperSpyGal said...

I'm not leaving until you tell me why you're going !!

*sitting*...la la la la la




*still sitting*...la la lalalallala





*still sitting!!.....filing nails....whistling....


OK, I can't stay here forever...but I'll be back !!
( I did that in my best Arnold impersonation) *wink*

 
At 01 February, 2006 09:26, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I believe...at least up here it is...that flying midweek is cheaper than any other time of the week. And with your sister's buddy pass that should help a lot.

 
At 01 February, 2006 10:44, Blogger Kristi B. said...

The same thing happened to me!!! I'm going to Texas in 2 weeks, and couldn't find anything under $300. Then my cousin called me and said, "Hey, just get on one of my buddy passes!" Hooray! for family in the airline business! =)

There is really SO much to do in the big D, but I don't want to put any thoughts into your head!

 
At 01 February, 2006 11:21, Blogger Nate said...

Green,

I'll be in Dallas on March 1, but I'm leaving the 2nd. I haven't bought a ticket yet, so seeing the price in your post kind of stinks.... Anyway, the sun is out in New Hampshire today!!!!!!!!!!!!

PEACE,

NATE

 
At 01 February, 2006 12:09, Blogger MaryAn Batchellor said...

Can't give you any recommendations until I know why you are coming to Big D!

 
At 01 February, 2006 14:06, Blogger DaBich said...

Spill it, green man!

 
At 01 February, 2006 15:47, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

That is one budget conscious booty call LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home