"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Monday, April 24, 2006

I feel so loved...

... because on consecutive days I was tagged by both sarafina AND constant rain to complete this post of 10 of my simplest pleasures. But because I was tagged twice DOESN'T mean that I've got to think of twice as many (at least I hope not...)

So, now I have to actually think about this because I'm sure I take some of these things for granted.

1. TELLING MY KIDS THAT I LOVE THEM and hearing them say it back to me, because it's how they really feel.

2. GETTING VOLUNTARY HUGS AND KISSES FROM MY KIDS and giving hugs and kisses right back to them because I love them so much. There will come a time when this won't happen anymore, so I need to treasure it while it lasts.

3. HEARING MY KIDS LAUGH when I tickle them and laughing when they tickle me back.

4. TALKING TO MY KIDS and being amazed at their development and how they are growing up right before my eyes.

5. BEING ABLE TO SLEEP LATE on a Saturday morning, even if it only means sleeping until 8:30 AM.

6. READING A GOOD BOOK whether it be my Bible or a fantasy/science fiction story or anything in between. Getting caught up in the adventure that the author has planned out and becoming emotionally involved in the story.

7. LEARNING SOMETHING NEW no matter what it might be, even if I don't fully understand everything about what I'm learning right away.

8. WATCHING EITHER OF MY TWO FAVORITE TEAMS PLAY either on television or live and in person. I think this especially applies to football, since games are only played once a week. Regular readers here should know who those teams are.

9. BEING OUTSIDE ON A SUMMER DAY and feeling the sun on my face and the breeze through my hair no matter if I'm sitting under a tree reading a book or a pen and paper working on my writing or if I'm swiming in the pool relaxing or just enjoying the beauty of God's creation.

10. EATING MY FAVORITE JUNK FOOD which of course would be Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (pretty much anything chocolate would do, though) along with a Mountain Dew.

BONUS. SNUGGLING UP WITH THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE and spending time with HER, talking or whatever. I can't tell you how much I miss this and how much I took it for granted when I did have it.

Okay that wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Now I'm going to tag: KAYLA, MYSTICAL ME, ALTHEA, KRISTI, CEZI and AMZ. Ladies, you are it!!!

13 Comments:

At 24 April, 2006 18:58, Blogger Cezi said...

Damn Green! Didn't you read my last post?The last thing I want to do is think about the lovely things that makes me happy;) just joking!I will do it, right after I post about Tracy's B-party.

 
At 24 April, 2006 19:58, Blogger Tim said...

cezi: welcome to my blog and thanks for commenting. Hope you will come back again.

PS I did read your last post and that is exactly why I tagged you - to help you think about such things to cheer you up...

 
At 24 April, 2006 20:05, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

cezi,

you have a suzanne sommers smile? did anyone ever tell you that?

 
At 24 April, 2006 20:12, Blogger Tim said...

I noticed that too....very nice.

 
At 25 April, 2006 07:10, Blogger Kayla said...

Bring on #7,9,10 and Bonus!

 
At 25 April, 2006 08:00, Blogger DaBich said...

Gotta love slow Saturday mornings. Love your list.

 
At 25 April, 2006 17:06, Blogger Tim said...

aggie: I have two kids. My daughter will be 9 in May and my son M is 6 (7 in October)

kayla: what about #5, 6 & 8???? ;>)

dabich & constant: thanks. I appreciate the luv!

 
At 25 April, 2006 22:54, Blogger Ruth said...

You ARE loved! :o) Good job on that list!

 
At 26 April, 2006 09:28, Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

Nice list green. Just another way of showing what a warm, loving person you are. :)

 
At 26 April, 2006 10:04, Blogger Minister Scribe said...

He's fulla crap, sister zep. In reality green doth sit in his basement nude doing finger paiting over the newspaper clippings of his victims in a pool of his own fluids.

 
At 26 April, 2006 10:24, Blogger Kristi B. said...

Ten of my simplest pleasures:
1. Watching the sunset.
2. Walking on the beach at night
3. A phone call from a friend
4. Road trips
5. My dog all excited to see me when I get home from work.
6. Enjoying a cup of Starbucks
7. Spending time with extended family
8. Getting a letter or card in the mail
9. Shopping
10.Sleeping in.

 
At 26 April, 2006 13:13, Blogger Mystical Me said...

Green sweety, I m on it!! I should have it posted by no later then tomorrow. I hope all is well sweetheart & do take care. Sincerely, Renah XOXO

 
At 26 April, 2006 14:21, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

Renah is your real name?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home