"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Sunday, June 18, 2006

hmmm...

"Have you ever stopped to think and forgot to start again?"

----

This weekend was not conductive to writing at all. On Saturday we went down to the parent's house. I brought my laptop so I could work on some writing projects (read: God v. Darwin and another). But V and M wanted to use the pool. So I dutifully set up my computer outside on the deck, employing a long extension cord so I could save my computer's battery power. The problem was that the glare of the sunlight on the screen made it impossible for me to see anything. So no work was done.

Today was very nice. V and M each made me some cards and gave me plenty of Happy Father's Day hugs and kisses along with some more movie theater passes.

After church and a few errands on the way home, we all were anxious to go swimming in the pool here at the apartment for the first (of many) times this season. The temperature outside was hovering around 95° F and the humidity level in the 60's. Even now, at 22:10, the outside air temperature is still at 80° F and despite fans blasting in every room, its 86° F in my apartment with the humidity at a whopping 70.

Once my kids left, I figured I'd be able to get something accomplished - but the Red Sox happen to be playing on Sunday Night Baseball tonight. So I've obviously been distracted.

----

On Friday, V's class put on a talent show at school, which I went to. Watching all of these second graders speak in front of their classmates and assorted parents was highly amusing. There were snacks for all afterward, which is always good.

----

Tomorrow the kindergaerten classes at M's school are having a "graduation" ceremony, which I must also attend. I can't justify going to V's school thing without going to M's thing too.

7 Comments:

At 19 June, 2006 08:26, Blogger DaBich said...

No AC in your apartment???!! That's horrible. I have window AC units, one upstairs and one down in my house. I'd be miserable without them, as it was 98 degrees Sunday. Hope you enjoyed your Father's Day, Dads are special people :)

 
At 19 June, 2006 19:39, Blogger Tim said...

No, I have AC in my apartment but I try to avoid using it whenever possible because it uses soooo much electricity.

I did enjoy my father's day, thanks. Did you enjoy my Father's Day too?

 
At 19 June, 2006 20:43, Blogger SuperSpyGal said...

I was going to comment on the "no a/c" thing but since that's been cleared up for me, I'll just say that I'm glad you had a nice Father's Day...you seem like a great Dad !

 
At 20 June, 2006 00:27, Blogger wmy said...

OMG!!! I hate to see people be hot for no damn good reason...You have air, and your not using it?????? ahhhhhhhhhhh...I am gonna take up a collection for you to help with your electric bill k??? I am hot just thinking about you in that sweltering smothering apartment...and I aint even hot in the fun places either dammit!! lol

 
At 20 June, 2006 14:13, Blogger DaBich said...

No, my Father's Day was a little messed up :(

 
At 20 June, 2006 18:10, Blogger Cezi said...

So… how was the M’s graduation ceremony?

 
At 20 June, 2006 18:22, Blogger Tim said...

M's graduation ceremony was cute. There are three kindergarten teachers who each have a morning and afternoon class. The kids sang some songs, we watched a powerpoint slide show of the kids in the K classes and then they called each kid up to the stage to give them their "diploma".

Afterwards, of course, there was a multitude of snacks for both kids and parents!!! Very nice. The whole thing was over in about 90 minutes since 6 year old attention span is not that long in some cases....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home