"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Monday, July 03, 2006

Guilty pleasures

Since tomorrow is a national holiday, I decided to take today off from work to give myself an extra long weekend. Ex picked up the kids after work this morning and once they were gone, I went back to bed for a few more hours.

I spent the day watching some of the 3rd season of ALIAS, while trying to get some things done today.

The only thing that I needed to do today was a trip to the post office to check my mailbox. On the way back I drove the route that I walked last Wednesday and it turned out to be just under five miles.

When I got back, I decided to take a swim in the pool here at the apartment. It was too crowded, so I didn't stay long. Even if there were fewer people there, I would only have stayed just long enough to take a dip and cool off.

While I admit it was nice to not have the kids to watch out for poolside, it was also quite boring. Knowing how much crap I need to do inside the apartment, I really couldn't justify staying too long at the pool, no matter how nice and refreshing the water was.

I'll be heading down to the parents' house sometime tomorrow afternoon, for I believe, a steak & lobster cookout. Should be fun.

5 Comments:

At 03 July, 2006 23:19, Blogger Lee Ann said...

Thanks for stopping by the Castle! I hope you have a fun and safe Fourth!
I do hope you will come back to visit more often.

 
At 03 July, 2006 23:26, Blogger Tim said...

I certainly shall. In fact I've linked you so I'll check back often....

 
At 03 July, 2006 23:40, Blogger Ruth said...

Yuuuuuuummmmmy lobster... I do miss that about the northeast... will have to make a trip soon! Hope you have a Fabulous Fourth!!! xoS

 
At 04 July, 2006 12:12, Blogger Kayla said...

Sounds like a nice Fourth with the family in the works...
And steak and lobster to boot!
Have a great one :)

I'm working until about 3pm then off to my brother's house for a bit before fireworks show back at the University. (UAB)

 
At 04 July, 2006 13:57, Blogger DaBich said...

Hope your day was a big bang ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home