"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

On buying a new vehicle part III

Or the end result of a long day at the dealership.

Yes, I am pleased with the new car. I'll be honest though, I'm still a bit disappointed to not have my first choice but what am I going to do? Now you may think that it's sheer vanity when you see all of the pictures that follow, but rest assured, there's a method to my madness, which is that...

If anything should happen to the car, I'd need a photo record for insurance purposes. Though I hope I'll never need to use these pictures for that reason.

Of course, you are right, I must admit. Vanity does have something to do with it, too. For the first time in my life I have a nice looking vehicle to show off and take pride in the appearance of, so please indulge me:











The dealer had four of these on his lot, three of which were silver, so I didn't have much choice in the color. But that's okay, I like the silver.

We don't have sales tax here in NH but the government gets it's money anyway. They make it rediculously expensive to register a new car. The woman at Nashua City Hall said that the cost of registration is based on the list price of the vehicle and that the rate is eighteen dollars per thousand. She said that it decreases every year and it takes five years to get to the lowest rate (three dollars per thousand based on vehicle list price). And of course you have to renew the registration yearly...

1 Comments:

At 05 September, 2006 21:19, Blogger requiredreading said...

awww shnap, hot wheels dude!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home