"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Big day tomorrow and he better be worth it.

I'm shortly off to bed because I have that one day crash course for the licensing exam tomorrow. The schedule says 8:00 to 18:00 for actual class time.

11/16 UPDATE: I actually left my apartment at 6:15, and got there at 6:45, since registration started at 7:30. I wasn't sure what time I needed to leave my apartment because you never know from day to day what the traffic on the highways around the Boston area will be like. And five minutes can make the difference between moving freely and getting bogged down in stop and go traffic. The class was held in a hotel right off of the highway and very easy to get to.

The class was fruitful as the instructor went through the book and highlighted the areas most commonly asked on the exam. We broke for five minute breaks every hour and had 30 minutes for lunch. The breaks were good for using the restroom and mostly because the material is so dry. It helped us (me anyway) to stay awake. My only complaint for the day was, for the cost of the class, lunch should have been included in the price, especially since there was a restaurant right there in the restaurant. But it was not.

I actually got out of the class at 14:30 becasue the last section discussed Massachusetts law, which doesn't apply to me right now. This was good as I needed to meet the ex to pick up V and M for the night.

I take the exam again on November 22 @ 15:00. I had better pass.

------

It was revealed on Tuesday that my Boston Red Sox won the right to negotiate a contract for 26 year old Japanese pitcher Diasuke Matsuzaka, shown here at the 2006 World Baseball Classic (of which he was MVP).

From everything I've read, he's good. Real Good.

They paid $51.1 million dollars to his Japanese League team, the Seibu Lions, for that right. Now they have to negotiate a contract with the player by December 14 or he goes back to his Japanese team. I suppose the good part is that if the Red Sox fail to sign the player to a contract within the 30 day window, then the Seibu Lions do not pass GO and do not collect $51,100,000.00.

Never let anyone tell you that professional sports is not a business first and foremost. The games are just a bonus for the fans, it seems.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 16 November, 2006 05:47, Blogger DaBich said...

51 million is a ridiculous figure for any sports player. Think of how many people that would feed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 16 November, 2006 17:53, Blogger Tim said...

And that's just for the right to negotiate with the player.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home