"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Monday, November 06, 2006

What a weekend

Saturday we went to my parents house so I could help my dad with his pool again. Two of my nephews were there also, so the kids could play together while we worked.

When we closed the pool up a month or so ago, we inflated one of those pool pillows and pulled the cover over it, as we normally do. That pillow deflated. Two weeks later (the next time I could get down there to help him) we replaced the pillow with another one. That pillow deflated. So this weekend, we've put the third pillow under the pool cover. Hopefully this one will stay inflated. In 20+ years he's had that pool, we can't recall ever having any pillow problems. And for many years, he used the same pillow.

Sunday was cool. We went to G's house for the afternoon. G and his wife have three kids. P and his wife were there too. They have four kids. Altogether there were five adults and nine kids. All of our kids, save one, are between the ages of 11 and 7. Five boys and four girls. They had fun playing and fooling around together. We had fun talking too. G, P and I even got to shoot some pool, which we haven't done together since college. I probably haven't played pool at all on my own since then either. P won four games, G won two games and I won one game.

V, M and I got back home just in time for them to have a quick snack and go to bed. Coincidentally or not I timed it perfectly, just in time for the kickoff of the Patriots-Colts game, which turned out to be the only real downer of the weekend.

2 Comments:

At 07 November, 2006 21:31, Blogger requiredreading said...

hey green, how ya been? sorry about failing the test and all, flashcards work great, there are a lot of learning of legal terms involved in taking that exam, I read my friends materialls...write out all of the terms and rules by hand on index cards, that will help you to remember...if you haven't tried that already! Keep in touch! Love, peace and chicken grease-Priscilla

 
At 08 November, 2006 04:55, Blogger DaBich said...

Pool? Lord, I haven't shot pool in ages....maybe that would be fun again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home