"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Finally...my collection is complete.

Last month I advised you that Alias season 5 was out on DVD in a four disc set. It'll run you about $27-$28. You can also buy a boxed set of all five seasons (105 episodes) for around $130.00... Either way you go... highly recommended.

After finagling a bit and returning some clothes that I got from my brother (who should know what size I am not) which were too big, I was able to finally buy my copy....after adding about $5 in cash.

Would you believe I went to three stores and couldn't find it at the first two. When I got to the third store in the chain they had it.... one last copy. I should know - I poured over their DVD's on the rack and in the overstock boxes before I finally found it.

I had to purchase it from this particular chain because the clothes that I returned had no receipt (my brother couldn't find it) so they gave me a gift card with the refund amount as store credit.

Which was fine by me, 'cuz I shop there all of the time anyway. (I've already watched the first disc (episodes 5.1- 5.5))

Speaking of gift cards - don't you hate it when you get a gift card or cards for a store you never shop at? Happened to me this year. But it did enable me to buy some clothing that I wouldn't have ordinarily bought...

When I got home to show off my new threads, the first comment I got was, "Didn't you need some underwear or something?"

To which I replied, "$75.00 worth? Are you serious?"

Hardly. Normally I buy the cheapee underwear. No designer labels for me. I hate spending money on clothes for myself.

Which is why I've got faded t-shirts that are 10+ years old or older.

1 Comments:

At 03 September, 2007 20:31, Blogger EstherNow said...

We must rectify the clothes situation, Green. You are worth nice clothes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home