"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Hardest thing I've ever had to do

Since now I have totally moved out of my apartment (a temporary situation) into a place that doesn't allow cats, I was forced into giving up my 12 year old cat, Spaz, whom I've had since he was a kitten. We do develop an emotional attachment to our pets which is difficult to undo.

This morning I took him to the Lowell Humane Society, where they told me they'd do their best to find him another home. Much will depend on how he adjusts to this new environment of basically living in a cage. They may end up putting him to sleep but I'll never know if they will or not.

Ideally, I'll be back in a place real soon that allows cats so that I might be able to get my cat back by re-adopting him. I doubt it, though, but never do you know.

An unanticipated difficulty that I ran into while trying to find him a home is that most no-kill shelters will not take cats older than eight years old, due to their readjustment problems.

My ex, after badgering from V and M, reluctantly took back the younger cat, Shadow.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 13 December, 2006 00:15, Blogger Kayla said...

Wow, that's sad..
I couldn't imagine letting go of my cat after that long.
Hope Spaz adjusts well, and that you will be able to re-adopt.

 
At 13 December, 2006 02:37, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here in Canada no landlord can stop you from having a pet on premise. They can only sue you for damage, if they cause any.

Q

 
At 13 December, 2006 07:54, Blogger Tim said...

kayla: me too. it was hard, hearing him meow at me on the way there.

queenie: first of all, welcome to my blog and thanks for leaving a comment. New commenters are always welcome.

Landlords here can prohibit pets if they want to. Most places do allow cats but some don't.

 
At 13 December, 2006 20:37, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry about spaz

tell us more about this move - it doesn't sound like it was entirely by choice...

 
At 13 December, 2006 23:01, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Queenie is wonderful with comments.

I'm sorry about your kitties.

And I'll ask too, why the move? I hope it works out for you.

 
At 14 December, 2006 22:56, Blogger Tim said...

ag & autumn: the move was not by choice, that is for sure. More than that I'd rather not say.

 
At 18 December, 2006 04:39, Blogger DaBich said...

Oh that is so sad, giving up your cats! :(
Hopefully, you will find other roots and get at least the one back!

 
At 18 December, 2006 23:22, Blogger Ruth said...

I'm so sad for you... I hope you'll be reunited soon. I hope that everything works out... xoS

 
At 21 December, 2006 11:06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awe, I'm sorry Green. I hope this is just a few bad stepping stones to some much better places.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home