"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day 2007 - eHarmony update

That's right. Another Valentine's Day is almost over and I'm still officially flying solo.

But the prospects are getting better in that hopefully flying solo will be ancient history by this time next year.

For those of you who aren't aware, I have been a member of eHarmony since July 2005. I thought it would be appropriate on this day to update you on how its going, since there is positive progress to report...

Since I've been with eHarmony there have been a few women that I've been matched with, with whom I've really wanted to get to know beyond the safe environs of eHarmony's communication process. All of which have ended up in the closed match stage for one reason or another.

Except for one. One with whom I've exchanged email outside of eHarmony. One that I have spoken to on the telephone on several occasions over the last two weeks or so. One who makes me bubble with excitement when we talk and one who seems to enjoy speaking with me as much as I do her. And our conversations seem to get longer each time we talk. {Update: When we talked tonight (in the wee-hours of Thursday morning for me), our conversation lasted for almost two hours, ending at 03:00.}

One whom I never would have had contact with if not for eHarmony.

One who I thought, when we were first matched in the middle of January, would have closed me out right away because of how far away we live from each other (think east coast vs. west coast), because many of my matches were closed based solely on geography and well before any communication began. But one who, much to my surprise and delight, did not do that.

I'm hopeful that when we finally meet face to face, the chemistry that we share on the phone will translate into chemistry in person. And my confidence is growing that it will.

My brother said to me the other day that I need to find a local woman to date. To which I replied in disagreement that what I need is to find someone that will be a perfect match for me no matter what part of the country she or I live in. So that this time I can get it right from the start.

And perhaps this time I have.

9 Comments:

At 16 February, 2007 15:01, Blogger Kayla said...

That answers the question I posed on my blog!
I hope things continue to go well with you two.

 
At 16 February, 2007 15:04, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

Wow.





e-harmony.

 
At 16 February, 2007 19:59, Blogger Mellissa said...

(((((smiles))))

Nice to hear this news dearest friend...at least one of us is making progress - LOL!!

xoxo,
Ladybug

 
At 16 February, 2007 21:41, Blogger Tim said...

kayla: thanks. me too. I'll keep you posted.

scribe: yeah. e-harmony. it's good. Sounds like you didn't know?

mellissa: thank you. its been a long time coming. the key is, I think, to proceed slowly. Don't be discouraged, there's someone out there for you too who would be lucky to have you. May I recommend e-harmony to you? It's expensive initially but I think well worth the money because there are no "tire-kickers" if you will. It's clearly the best online "dating" site I've tried... and unfortunately, I've tried most of them.

 
At 20 February, 2007 13:25, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

I knew.

 
At 20 February, 2007 15:41, Blogger Tim said...

scribe: you should make the investment and try it yourself.... anything would be better than your current situation....

 
At 22 February, 2007 18:41, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

I prefer meeting women in real-time.

 
At 22 February, 2007 19:55, Blogger Tim said...

scribe: sure, in a perfect world, meeting girls real time would be preferable but see where that got you last time??? (ahem - EFB - ahem)

 
At 03 September, 2007 20:56, Blogger EstherNow said...

Seven hours, fifteen minutes (and still counting) has her beat. Who knew? Backatcha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home