"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Some scams are more obvious than others

I received this in one of my email addresses this morning. Obviously it is a scam. My prior experience has made me more aware of them but even gullible old me wouldn't have fallen for this one.


Dear Friend.
My name is Flora Mamba,I am sorry if this mail will come to you as an embarrassment or a suprise,I just felt like empting myself to you,I decided to confide in you,as am faced with total frustration and hardship. My ernest prayer is that you find this mail in good health and blessings. I am presently residing in Abidjan,Cote d'Ivoire.I left my country with my father after the death of my mother during the war in our country and we came here because my father owned a business here,(cocoa business), during the going political crisis here which has turn out into a civil war since 2003,my father was attacked and killed here at the hit of the crisis as the rebels were killing prominent foreigners with the reason that they were financially supporting the government against them and the rebels are accusing the government of doing the killing.
Presently,I am staying in a REFUGEE camp assisted by the Red cross organisation,due to the war which the camp is securized by united nations forces and after the death of my father,our house was set ablaze,I was unable to meet my needs pay my bills and accommodation and in my dilemma which was another reason for going to the camp,where I could at least feed and sleep as I did not know anyone here.
I take permission to go to the town where they have internet access to enable me mail you.
Secondly,my late father concealed some amount of money in a trunk box and deposited it in a safe keeping house to the sum of $27.3 million dollars which I will want you to help me move out of this country because of the war here.But the safe keeping house does not know the true content of the trunk to be cash as my father declared upon deposit as containing art craft for export.My father confided so much in me after the death of my mother,we were so close that he never did anything without my knowledge and opinion.All that I want is your sincere and genuine help in helping me safe guide this trunk which means that you will have to come here so that we can meet face to face first before proceeding with this claim,as we have to do the claiming of the trunk which the money is concealed claimed out of the safe keeping house first and the money moved out of this country as I am the named next of kin to this deposit.I cannot allow the money remain here while because of the war here which possess a great risk to as my life and future solely lies on it.If you have heard from the news for the past few months now there has been intense fighting and bombing by the French troops which I will like to live here as soon as we have this money moved out of this country.
I will also like upon your arrival here to open an account in any of the international banks of your choice here where this money will be lodged into for transfer to your country,I know that this is our first mail,but I have decided to confide in you .I want you to know that for years now,I have lived in absolute frustration,tires and pains without any person around me,no parent,uncles or friend,but God had kept me until now,which I believe that I will smile once again.
Thirdly, I intend you helping me to claim this money as I intend living for your country to start an entire new life and complete my education,as you will have to help in the investment of this money.But I really need your help at this trial and difficult time of mine.
I am totally frustrated that my whole mind for now lies on my survival which is securing this money.Please I am confiding completely in you and I really need your assistance at this point of my life as you alone knows of this venture.
I wait to hear from you.
Thank you for your corporation.
Yours Sincerely,
Flora.

5 Comments:

At 07 February, 2007 10:23, Blogger Kayla said...

Flo knows how to sow a sad scam.
Good grief!

 
At 08 February, 2007 18:31, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

I correspond with these people. I'm planning a post of the emails soon.

 
At 12 February, 2007 21:18, Blogger Constant said...

wow, that's a bit much!!

 
At 21 July, 2007 14:06, Blogger El Mundo De Monte Mendoza said...

I think those scammers should run a spell check and grammar check before they send out their emails. I always delete any email that has DEAREST in the title banner.

 
At 21 July, 2007 15:12, Blogger Tim said...

em de mm: THANKS FOR STOPPING BY AND reading my blog. New commenters are always welcome.

And yes, some scams are more obvious than others, spell check or not!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home