"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Monday, March 19, 2007

From the Green man's kitchen...

This is what I made for dinner tonight. If I can make this, so can you. Believe me.

Chicken with Hollandaise Sauce
serves 4-6. Prep time 30 minutes. Cooking time- about 12 minutes.

you will need:

6 large half chicken breasts, boned and skinned.
1/2 cup all-puropse flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 egg, lightly beaten
3 tbsp. butter or margarine

for Hollandaise sauce
you will need:

6 egg yolks
4 tbsp. lemon juice
1 cup butter, melted, very hot.
1 tsp. Tabasco sauce (optional)
parsley or parsley flakes (for garnish)
1 lemon, sliced into six thin pieces (for garnish)

Preparation:

1. Lightly pound chicken breasts with the fist of your hand

2. Mix together the flour, baking soda, salt and pepper.

3. Dip each chicken breast into the beaten egg, then into the flour mixture to thoroughly coat.

4. Melt 3 tbsp. butter in a large skillet. Saute chicken until brown on both sides. Cook over medium heat until cooked through, about 12 minutes. Transfer to a heated platter. Cover and keep warm.

5. For sauce, in a food processor, (I used a whisk and a bowl which worked fine enough), combine egg yolks and lemon juice. Mix until combined. Melt 1 cup of butter. With motor running, add melted butter in thin stream. Sauce will thicken as you pour the butter in. When all the butter is poured, turn off motor.

6. Lightly stir in Tabasco sauce, if used, for flavor (and a little kick!)

7. Pour sauce over chicken. Garnish with parsley and lemon slices, if desired.


This is the recipe that I used, though there are variations which you can find online and elsewhere. It's really good. If you make it, I'd be interested to know what you think.

5 Comments:

At 20 March, 2007 05:44, Blogger DaBich said...

That's a lot of food for one guy!

 
At 20 March, 2007 09:53, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds good, however, why baking soda? Does it make it crispy or something? Just curious

 
At 20 March, 2007 12:50, Blogger Tim said...

dabich: well it wasn't just me who ate it.

bluez: I'm not sure why the recipe calls for baking soda. But it doesn't detract from the taste at all though, which is the important thing.

 
At 03 September, 2007 21:17, Blogger EstherNow said...

Sounds delicious! Yum. Can I hold you to making it for us sometime?

 
At 10 November, 2007 17:43, Blogger EstherNow said...

I look at the date on that previous post of mine - Sept. 3rd, and I was already using the term "us." Wow. Now here it is November 10th, two months later, and I didn't even realize how much I would grow to care about you even more. EVEN MORE, Green! EVEN MORE!

I cannot wait until you do make this recipe for "us." Bring on the culinary skills. Bring them on. I'll be your Sue (sp?) Chef and Assistance, just tell me what to do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home