"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Looking forward to the weekend...

....as always.

This weekend I don't pick up my kids until late morning on Saturday, as opposed to the normal routine of Friday evening.

They are testing on Saturday morning for their green stripe. See, both V and M take Tai-Kwon-Do classes twice a week with their mom. The order of the belts goes like this: white, white with yellow stripe, yellow, yellow with green stripe, green.... (which stripe comes after green I'm not entirely sure) but you get the idea. My ex already has her green stripe and they all want to test together when it comes time to go for the green belt.

It's something they enjoy doing - something I have no interest in pursuing myself. The hard part for me will be getting up early enough to drive up there and watch them test, since from here it's over a 90 minute drive. Since testing begins @ 9:00, I have to leave no later than 7:30 which means I've got to get up earlier than that... on a Saturday, no less... :>(

Afterwards, we're going to attempt to go here for the first time this year. Something we've all been looking forward to, since we missed the last opportunity in 2006. And especially now that my daughter knows how to read and has discovered the wonder of books... I've always enjoyed going there and have been many times. I need more reading material. You can never have enough books, in my opinion.

Sunday will be routine - going to church in the morning. Then it gets weird. My parents have a pot-luck dinner on Sunday afternoon at their church, so I'm responsible for cooking Sunday dinner for me, my brother, his two kids and my two kids. Perhaps I'll post that recipe too, if it comes out good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home