"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Five questions

A few weeks ago while wandering around the blogosphere, I happened to find ramblin' girl's blog. She had just posted the answers to five questions that she had been asked by another blogger. I commented that I'd be willing to give it a go myself, and actually forgot that I did so until I was rambling around in blogland again this morning.

Here's how it works: She asked me five questions, which I've answered below. To anyone who feels like playing, leave a comment and I will then ask you five questions, which you must answer on a post in your blog. And so on, etc.

So, here goes...

1. If you could truly live anywhere in the world, where would you move to, and why? Who else would you need to move with you to make it absolutely ideal?

Well, I've visited a few foreign countries and while they were neat experiences, I wouldn't want to live in any of those places. So I'd want to stay in the United States. My most favorite place to visit (so far) is Washington, DC. But I wouldn't want to live in DC proper. So say anywhere in either Maryland or Virginia that was within a two-hour drive of DC would be fine with me. Why? Because the winters there are much milder and they don't usually get as much snow as we do in the Northeast. A second choice would be somewhere in Texas, near either Dallas, Houston or San Antonio, primarily because the real estate is so much more less expensive there than here. And I do love hot summer days.

2. What's the most memorable thing your kids have said to you? A phrase, a question, the answer to a question?

My kids are really remarkable and so smart. Many things they tell me really blow me away. My daughter, who will be 10 in a few weeks, uses words well beyond her age. Not only uses the words, but uses them in sentences in their proper context. My son, who is 7, is beginning to be that way, too. I find it fascinating to see what their divergent interests are and love it when we talk about subjects that interest them.

3. You list "Sliding Doors" as one of your favorite movies (mine too!), is there a moment in your life that you think changed the path you were on? For better? for worse?

Honestly, I'd have to say several years ago, when I was reading the "Left Behind" series of books by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins. The fictional story, based on the events in the biblical book of Revelation, made me stop and reexamine my Christian faith and what direction I was headed in in that aspect of my life. Coming to the realization that I did strengthened my faith and enabled me to be more open and confident about my beliefs. Now I can share them more willingly than I had ever been willing to before. Though it is a work still under construction..

4. You're obviously a baseball fan. If you had a corn field in Iowa, what three players would you most want to show up to play? ("If you build it they will come.")

Only three? They would have to be three of the greatest hitters of all-time: Babe Ruth, Ted Williams and Joe DiMaggio. But then I'd need somebody who could pitch to them...

5. What's the coolest thing you've seen for sale on ebay? What's the most ridiculous?

I can't really answer this question because I don't just go wandering around on ebay just for the sake of looking. When I do use ebay, I'm either looking for a specific item or checking on any items I might have listed for sale myself.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 06 May, 2007 17:20, Blogger American Guy said...

so what's with moving the side bar to the other side - i get vertigo now looking at your site. And shouldn't your picture have rotaed 180 degrees so that you maintain your perspective?

in other news - interesting new twist on the silly game of tag that often gets played on these here blogs.

Washington is a great place - but you'd be better off living in closer than 2 hours out - I lived in Alexandria and it was maybe 30 minutes to the city - beautiful place in its own right too. Plus DC has some of the best public transit in the country. I had a car but rarely used it. You can go ANYWHERE on the metro.

By the way - i may not know much about baseball, but umm, three hitters and no fielders would make for a pretty one sided game, no?

And i see you're attracting a new breed of whacko with the crazy spaceman here!

 
At 06 May, 2007 21:49, Blogger Tim said...

ag: I'm just playing with the sidebar over there on the left. Not sure if I like it there or not, so it may move back.

I thought this was an interesting twist on the usual blogger tag so decided to do it.

I love Washington DC. I've riffen the Metro there many times. Though it's rather expensive, driving into DC proper is pure insanity. Alexandria is nice too. Actually, I'd love any part of Virginia/Maryland but especially in the radius of Baltimore and Richmond. Driving on Skyline Drive through the Shanandoah Valley is simply breathtaking in the summer.

On baseball, three payers can't form a complete team anyway, even though they play both offense and defense.

The spaceman is no worse than some of the other commenters I get... (not to mention names....)

 
At 09 May, 2007 17:12, Blogger ramblin' girl said...

ok, ok. I do know a baseball team has more than three players... I was just trying to get a feel for a few of your favorites... field a whole team (or two) if you'd like!

Thanks for playing. Interesting answers!

 
At 09 May, 2007 17:22, Blogger Tim said...

ramblin' girl: Thanks for coming back to read my answers to your questions.

I figured you knew that about a baseball team.... are you a baseball fan, too?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home