"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Anniversaries, Milestones and the Belmont Stakes

Today marks the beginning of year three of this here blog. You ought to go back in my archives and see what you missed. Go ahead, you can do it.... but you need to come back when you're done.

Sometime towards the beginning of May marked my 600th post. It was a milestone that went unnoticed until recently. I couldn't even tell you which post that was, but is realistic considering how often I post.

I don't think I've been this remarkably consistent with anything I've done in a very long time.

I write this blog primarily for myself, in case you haven't noticed. If you happen to enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it then that's a plus for me. As always, I'm honored to have you along for the ride, no matter where it takes me.

----

Maybe some of you haven't noticed, but Sir Scribe-o-rama and I have a great new blog (linked over there in the sidebar) where we challenge each other to watch and review movies, which are then posted for your enjoyment. I bring this to your attention, not only becasue you're apparently not as observant as I'd hoped you'd be but, as with all bloggers - WE WANT COMMENTERS [besides Scribe and myself]!!! Oh, and btw, please don't neglect leaving comments on this blog.

So, please indulge yourselves in the fun, and make me happy. Over and out. Now back to our regularly scheduled programing.


----

The last horse race in the Triple Crown series is today. There will be no Triple Crown winner again and this years Derby winner, Street Sense, isn't even running. I'll still watch the race and when it's done, so will my interest in horse racing be - until Derby weekend next year.

*** 139th Running of the Belmont Stakes ***

Belmont Park, Elmont, New York
Saturday, June 9
Distance: 1 1/2 Miles
Post Time: 6:25 p.m. (ET)
Purse: $1 million

Post Horse
1 Imawildandcrazyguy
2 Tiago
3 Curlin
4 C P West
5 Slew's Tizzy
6 Hard Spun
7 Rags to Riches

Rags to Riches carries 121 pounds; others carry 126 pounds.





19:00 update: And what a race it was!!! The day belonged to the lady (pictured above, courtesy of AP), who won by a nose over Curlin. Curlin, if you'll recall, defeated Street Sense (who won the Derby) by the same narrow margin in the Preakness.

Rags to Riches was the first filly to run the Belmont since Silverbulletday in 1999 (finishing 7th). She's the first filly to win it in 102 years, since Tanya in 1905. She is the third filly to win the race overall, joining Ruthless in 1867 - the very first Belmont Stakes race...

Here's espn.com's summary.

----

Happy 24th birthday to my little sister C.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home