"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Red Sox rookie throws no-hitter

Last night at Fenway, 23 year old Clay Buchholz, making only his second major league appearance and start, became the first Red Sox rookie to toss a no-hitter.

Avowed Red Sox fan as I am, guess how much of it I watched?

Not one single pitch. Nothing.

Can you believe that?

Neither can I, actually. On a night I chose not to watch any baseball, I miss an historic game.

Can you also believe that I have no regrets about missing it?

Well you should, because I don't.

I'm picturing the scene from "Good Will Hunting," where Robin Williams is reliving Game 6 of the 1975 World Series to Matt Damon and that he had tickets for the game... but opted instead to talk to a woman at a bar.

Well, exchange that exciting World Series game for last night's exciting game and drop the bar scene from the equation and you basically have a picture of me and what I was doing last night.

My dad even told me what was happening in the 8th inning, and I still didn't turn the game on. I did catch some of the post game report but not much of it, so much fun was I having.

I'm almost sure that NESN, the carrier for Red Sox games, will repeat this game in it's entirety at some point, so I'll catch it then.

Meanwhile, here's a bunch of links to the game:

Recap and Box score

no-hitter notes

no-hitters in Major League history

-----

Other happenings: I thought M was supposed to have his first flag football game today. The coach emailed me this morning to tell me that today's game was cancelled due to the holiday. You'd think they would have not scheduled any games on the last long weekend of the summer, when many people are on vacation.

M's games will take place on the four remaining Sundays in September. The kids got their game t-shirts last weekend and posed for team pictures. M chose #12 because that's the number QB Tom Brady wears for the New England Patriots.

Speaking of football, the college football season started in earnest yesterday and the 2007 NFL season kicks off on Thursday night.

Boston College knocked off defending ACC Champion Wake Forest yesterday, 38-28.

My Patriots visit the New York Jets next Sunday at 13:00. I can't wait.

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 02 September, 2007 19:10, Blogger Stephanie Faris said...

I don't even know what a no-hitter means. No one hits what he throws? For the whole game?

That tells you how much of a sports fan I am! Haha.

 
At 02 September, 2007 19:46, Blogger EstherNow said...

I saw the extraordinary feat. . .on the news. ;)

 
At 02 September, 2007 22:32, Blogger American Guy said...

um, give us more info on the date - I'm sure i'm not the only one who would find that more interesting than a baseball game!

 
At 03 September, 2007 11:06, Blogger Tim said...

steph: a no-hitter in baseball means that no batter from the opposing team reached base safely by hitting the ball throughout the entire nine inning game.

esther: thanks for stopping by and reading my blog and leaving a comment. New readers and commenters are always welcome! (I saw highlights of the game on the news, too!)

ag: all in good time. all in good time.

 
At 04 September, 2007 05:41, Blogger DaBich said...

I say the time is good..c'mon, Green, spill it!

So, how far behind are the Yanks now?

 
At 05 September, 2007 11:02, Blogger DaBich said...

Oh, and congrats to Bucholtz!

 
At 05 September, 2007 18:08, Blogger Tim said...

d: the Yanks were 5 behind after they swept the Sox, but have proceeded to drop two games since. Now the lead is at a much more comfy 7 games, entering play tonight.

 
At 06 September, 2007 18:48, Blogger JLee said...

Hey, isn't it football season? ;)

 
At 06 September, 2007 21:33, Blogger Lee Ann said...

Very cool...no hitter!
Have a great weekend!

 
At 07 September, 2007 00:51, Blogger American Guy said...

what is this - nearly a week without a new post - this is not like you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home