"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

slippery little suckers

Easy come, easy go, I guess.

I'm referring to jobs, that is. Specifically my jobs.

Once again a temporary assignmet I had this week ended prematurely. Unlike a temp job that I had earlier this summer which lasted one day, this one lasted two days, so I'm making progress....

Truth be told, while I was enjoying the training at this job, the hour plus commute and the gas used wasn't doing anything for me. So I really didn't see that position as a long term fit, even though I liked the job that I would have been doing.

I am glad that the temp agency called me this morning before I left, because if I had made the commute there and then had to waste another hour driving back, I would not have been a happy camper. Not at all.

I do need to look at the bright side here though but am having trouble getting my hands on it.

If adversity makes one stronger, before I know it, I'll be Superman! Look out Lex Luthor...

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 19 September, 2007 12:40, Blogger DaBich said...

Dang. I'm sorry to hear that, Green. Any other job possibilities looking good for the future??

 
At 19 September, 2007 17:38, Blogger American Guy said...

hey, if each job lasts twice as long as the last you'll be in good shape. Your sixth in this progression will last for about a month - your tenth just undeer a year and half, and your 15th almost 43 years!

Who said math wasn't useful?

 
At 19 September, 2007 20:56, Blogger Lee Ann said...

Hey!
Red is a good color on you!
:)

 
At 20 September, 2007 09:45, Blogger JLee said...

That sucks! I hope you can find something permanent...

 
At 20 September, 2007 23:57, Blogger Kayla said...

Well, move to AL and be my yard man!
Ha..really though..the yard man is going through a divorce and is taking a break from work.
My front yard is really suffering from it.
Hang in there Green..the right job will come your way in its own time..
(unfortunately not the time we'd like it to..)

 
At 21 September, 2007 18:38, Blogger Stephanie Faris said...

With your talent, your book will be a bestseller and you'll never have to worry about it again. Get to writing!

 
At 22 September, 2007 15:11, Blogger EstherNow said...

I agree with Stephanie, Green. Get to writing your book. GET TO IT!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home