"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Sunday, October 07, 2007

What a weekend!

Not only has the weather been nice here in New England over the past week, but it's also been nice to be a Boston sports fan. But for the latter, not just for the last week.

On Saturday, Boston College routed Bowling Green University 55-24 to move up to #4 in both the AP poll and the USA Today/coaches poll. BC is 6-0 for the first time since 1942 and enjoy their highest national ranking ever. BC plays at 1-5 Notre Dame next Saturday.

The Patriots continued their winning ways, improving to 5-0 by beating the Cleveland Browns today 34-17 at Gillette Stadium, setting up a huge game next Sunday at Dallas with potential Super Bowl implications.

The Red Sox completed the three game sweep of the Los Angeles Angels with a 9-1 win at Angels Stadium and will play the winner of the Indians/Yankees series in the AL Championship Series, starting on Friday at Fenway.

Oh wouldn't it be nice if the Yankees would lose tonight and be swept?

Though that didn't happen as the Yankees just won, 8-4.

----

Also, I must wish my brother A a Happy 36th Birthday today.

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

At 08 October, 2007 09:00, Blogger DaBich said...

Congrats on your teams winning...that's always fun!

Tho I wouldn't mind the Yanks winning ;)

 
At 08 October, 2007 09:48, Anonymous Anonymous said...

buckle up greenie, we're comin to getcha

 
At 08 October, 2007 14:16, Blogger ~AprilD said...

I could tell you that I'm happy for you that all your teams are winning.

But I'm not. And you know why.

 
At 08 October, 2007 14:44, Blogger Tim said...

d: indeed it is. and Sid the Kid looks real good this year, so there's hope for your Penguins...

bluez: when you get there, then we'll talk.

autumn: at least I'm rooting for your Indians. That has to count for something, right?

 
At 08 October, 2007 19:52, Blogger Stephanie Faris said...

Would you believe my boyfriend is in Boston and he's not a Red Sox fan? He likes basketball, so he's a fan of the Celtics...and he's also a Yankees fan. I think he has to just be different!

 
At 09 October, 2007 00:41, Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

The Yankees are officially out now! I bet you're a happy fella!

 
At 09 October, 2007 11:15, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn yankees.

I hope they don't toss Joe now, I'll be pissed off at the Yankees for doing that....

:-(

 
At 09 October, 2007 19:07, Blogger EstherNow said...

Green, Your weekend just got better with the Yankees loss. (The best type of weekend would have been if we were together. [sigh])

I know some Yankees fans who went to be early last night and didn't even finish watching the game.

...And I'm talking die-hard fans who couldn't watch the loss.

Bluez: I agree about them not getting rid of him. The newspaper featured this possibility in the Sports section today. That would be too rash.

 
At 09 October, 2007 23:02, Blogger Tim said...

esther: you are right, I am happy about the Yankees losing. But it will be disappointing if they do fire Torre. He's a great manager and deserves to keep his job as long as he wants it.

bluez: if Torre does lose his job, the possibility of Tony LaRussa in pinstripes could appease Yankee fans.

ss: yeah, baby!!! I am very pleased.


steph: wow, a Yankee fan living in Baaah-stun. interesting....
Celtics should be ineresting this season with KG.

 
At 11 October, 2007 08:14, Blogger DaBich said...

Getting rid of Joe now would be like cutting off their noses to spite their faces.

 
At 14 October, 2007 04:28, Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

Hi green ~
Congrats on your winning sports teams. I haven't been keeping up with much of anything lately. lol I hope all is well for you and Happy Birthday to your brother! Gee, wish I was getting ready to turn 24. That's what my age would be transposed when my birthday comes up this month. waaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

 
At 15 October, 2007 04:19, Blogger American Guy said...

this long silence better be because you've been on a road trip to a certain former confederate state!

 
At 15 October, 2007 12:40, Blogger ~AprilD said...

Where o where has our little Green gone, O where o where could he be?
LOL
Dang, and no SNMR either! I was so upset there wasn't a new one. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home