"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Kitchen Improv

Well that was interesting.

Some of you know that I like to cook. Some of you don't. Some of you know it better than others.

When I cook, I do follow the recipe that I'm making, but I've also been known to improvise from time to time. Sometimes I'll add a bit more of this or a pinch more of that to whatever I'm making, just for fun. Sometimes it tastes good, other times it doesn't.

On the menu for tonight was hot dogs. Plain and simple hot dogs. But I was not in the mood for just an ordinary hot dog tonight.

"Houston, we have a problem...."

I went rummaging through the fridge and didn't find much that I could use, though I didn't know exactly what I was looking for, either.

Hot dogs? Yep. I'll have two of those.
Ahhh, eggs. I'll take two of those also.

Hmmmm, what else?

Oh! shredded cheddar cheese! Perfecto! (Cheese is a favorite improv item with me.)

What I did was really quite simple:

I put some butter in a frying pan and turned on the burner to medium high and let it melt. Then I sliced the dogs in half length wise. Once the butter had melted, I cracked the eggs and put them in the pan. One yolk broke, so I broke the other one. Then I took the dogs and placed them in the space not occupied by the eggs and let them fry for a minute.

After lightly adding salt and pepper to the eggs and dogs, I generously covered them both in cheddar cheese and put a lid over the frying pan. I let them cook for about four minutes on medium heat.

Meanwhile I got myself a napkin, knife, fork and mug; setting my place at the table. The plate I kept with me at the stove.

Back into the fridge I went for the milk and the Guldens Honey Mustard. Brought them over to the table and poured myself some moo-juice. After putting the milk back in the fridge, I went back to my frying pan and lifted the cheese-dogs and eggs, setting them on the table.

After I ate I scraped the fry pan a bit, put some dishwasher soap and hot water in there and let it set in the sink for awhile, for easier cleaning later.

I have no idea how I'll feel in an hour or three when my dinner concoction starts to digest and I start feeling its effects. Hopefully not too bad, but we'll see.

I must say it was a better combination than I thought it would be.

If you become daring enough to try this combination, let me know what you think.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 10 January, 2008 18:47, Blogger EstherNow said...

I love how you wrote about this, Green. Really love it.

On the other hand, the egg-hot dog combination does not sound appealing, and I love both eggs and hot dogs. I definitely don't like the hot mustard. That is a spicey, hot mustard, right?

I hope you do feel better here in a little while.

I'll be praying for you. Tee-Hee.

 
At 10 January, 2008 20:31, Blogger American Guy said...

i don't know ... using 'daring' to describe any cooking exploit that centers around hot dogs?


Though i suppose just having the guts to actually eat those famous mystery meat packages is an act of audacious courage as it is.

 
At 11 January, 2008 08:00, Blogger DaBich said...

Hey, my dad made eggs with chopped up hot dogs in them for years. We always ate that as kids. He never added the cheese tho. I could also do without the mustard LOL
Actually, hot dogs and eggs ARE tasty.

 
At 12 January, 2008 08:49, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hot dogs, when I do eat them, must be plastered with chili, onions and cheese on a bun.

Eggs when scrambled must have cheese or be cooked over easy.

I can't fathom mixing these concoctions together, eating them one at a time is rare for me as it is. Holy Cholesterol!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home