"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Brett Favre, BB9 and Friends


I've never been a Green Bay Packers fan. If you read here regularly you know or can guess what team I root for. But because I love football and am a football fan, except for one instance (Super Bowl XXXI), I have been a Brett Favre fan. So it was also somewhat of a surprise this week when Favre announced his retirement from the NFL after 17 seasons. After the excellent season the Packers had in 2007, I, like many other fans, assumed that Favre would want to come back in 2008. As a fan of the game, you have to appreciate and respect the high character and level of play of arguably one of the NFL's greatest players ever and certainly one of the top ten quarterbacks of all time. Watching Favre over the years and at his televised farewell press conference this afternoon, I'm impressed by his humility and emotion. It's no surprise that Favre was considered one of the nicest people in the league. Good luck, Brett. Thanks for the memories.

-----



If you missed any BB, you can catch up on episode 9, episode 10 and episode 11.

Last night's episode was really good. I was a bit surprised that the warning buzzer meant that the couples were going to be split up. I really don't think it was the intention of the shows producers to split them up - or at least not so soon into the season and with so many players left. I mean, why pair them up in the first place if you're just going to undo it later on? It also wouldn't surprise me if, in a few weeks, they resume the couples game but not necessarily with the same pairs of people. I think this greatly depends on who gets evicted in the next three weeks or so.

I was not surprised to see Allison get evicted by a 6-0 vote, since she had the whole house turned against her. I was also glad to see Ryan escape eviction and win the first solo HoH. It will be interesting to see who he decides to put on the block this week, since I don't see that he has conflicts or drama with anyone in the house. My guess is that it will be two of the other guys, since they might prove to be his strongest competition later on. On the same token though, whomever he puts up for eviction that stays in the house might turn against him.

I can't stand Joshuah and think he's just as big of a drama queen and attention seeker as Allison was, so would love to see his butt get evicted next Wednesday. Wouldn't it be sweet if Amanda or Allison get voted back into the house if/when Josh gets evicted?

On the viewer voting, I can't see one of the guys getting voted back in but I'd pick either Parker or Alex. Jacob doesn't have a chance. I think one of the women will be voted back into the house and I really can't see it being either Allison or Amanda, which leaves Jen. Of course I'll vote for her as many times as I can between now and when the polls close on the 11th.

-----

Would you believe that during its 10 year run on television, that I never once watched an episode of "Friends" ?


If you know me its really not that hard to believe. I'd much rather pop in a DVD of some kind than watch what is currently on the tube (not counting baseball and football games!). There are only a few shows that I watch regularly and they are few and far between, with "ALIAS" and this season's "Big Brother" being the most recent exceptions. Usually when I get into a show, I do so once it has reached syndication, is available on DVD or both. One early example is "Beverly Hills 90210" which was on regularly but never watched when I was in college and that I watched religiously in my early married days in the mid 1990's and would have K tape for me when I would miss it. "ALIAS" was another example of this. As longtime readers of this blog know, I started watching "ALIAS" at the start of season four and had to go back and watch the first three seasons on DVD. I'd like to get into "CSI: Miami" but would rather start from the beginning, rather than pick up the show in the middle of the current season six.

I digress: regarding "Friends", thanks to my sister owning the entire series on DVD, in the last few days I've now watched the first half of season one and am sufficiently amused to continue watching and watching and watching...

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 06 March, 2008 18:58, Blogger JLee said...

I don't know why I never watched BB, considering I usually love reality type shows. I did get into "Alias" at one point, but then got totally lost as far as the plot at some point. I get my Michael Vartan fix from "Big Shots" which is kind of a fun show (only on ABC! haha)

 
At 07 March, 2008 11:51, Blogger ~AprilD said...

oooh the first seasons of CSI: Miami are fantastic. They had me hooked. I forget why I quit watching, but my sis had continued to watch (heck, maybe she still does).

As for Mr. Favre. Did you know they treat him like a God up there in WI? Mikey works in WI all the time and says the idolization up there gets ridiculous. (But he doesn't like Brett anyway.) We're just counting down the days until he comes to Canton, which will certainly be the earliest he can be inducted.

 
At 07 March, 2008 16:12, Blogger scribe said...

Why??? Big Brother is weird and non-entertaining and basically for kids, but why the hell are you amused by "Friends!?"

 
At 07 March, 2008 21:22, Blogger Tim said...

jlee: i never watched BB until this season. I always recommend ALIAS. You ought to get back into it. It's (in my opinion) worth owning the series on DVD.

~a: I do want to get into CSI: Miami. The shows I've seen have been really good. On Favre, that's about what I figured. Guaranteed in 5 years (1st Ballot) Favre will be a hall of famer.

scribe: BB is weird and strangely addictive, which is weird. Why the hell not be amused by "Friends?"

 
At 12 March, 2008 13:41, Blogger DaBich said...

Ahhhh...Brett. He's been my favorite football player since Joe Montana retired. Now I have to find another favorite. ::sigh::
I'd rate him in the top 5 QB's of all time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home