"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Monday, February 18, 2008

Weekend wrap

K called me yesterday afternoon and advised me that she was sick and had called out of work last night. That meant that I had to bring V and M back to her house last night instead of meeting her at the hospital this morning. Though it was less time with the kids this weekend, none of us had to get up at 05:30, our usual time on Monday. V and M had school today even though it was President's Day. They had last Friday off due to a teacher development day and have February Vacation next week.

-----

One downside of being divorced with children: Missing vacations. K, V and M are going to Disney in Orlando at the end of April (during V and M's April vacation) and I'm not invited. K's off and on boyfriend R and his daughter are going. While the kids are disappointed that I'm not going, I told them that there will be vacations that we'll take together where K will not be involved. V, sweet soul that she is, has vowed to bring me back a souvenir, even though I told her not to. I'm bummed that I'm going to miss seeing my kids reaction to their first airplane ride and the Disney experience. They're going to have a great time.

-----

Finally stopped procrastinating and did my 2007 federal income taxes over the weekend and e-filed them. I'm happy to report that I'm due for a larger refund than I expected. This is good news, because I need to buy new glasses. I've had my current prescription since February, 2005. I can tell I need them because I normally have to wear my glasses all of the time to see but lately have had to take them off when doing close up work, like reading or typing on the computer. Distance vision (like for driving) has not been an issue yet. I've had glasses since the summer before I started sixth grade.

-----

The beginning of March will be the start of something I've requested for several years. The first small group men's Bible Studies at my church are set to begin the week of March 3rd. Since the church congregation is rather large, there are going to be four or five different groups meeting through out the week to accomodate different schedules. I've signed up for the Tuesday night group. This is the book we'll be reading in additon to relevant passages from the Bible, of course.

-----

The third episode of BB9 was on last night. Click here for the official recap.

My thoughts are these: It's no surprise that Ryan/Allison and Jen/Parker are the two couples nominated for eviction last night with the revealing to the whole house that Ryan and Jen have been dating outside of the house for ten months. The whole Jen/Ryan issue will go away when one of them gets evicted. I feel bad for Parker and Allison, whose fate is tied up in this mess. They didn't ask for it and one of them will be eliminated because of it. I personally like Jen and Parker and would love to see them avoid being evicted. But I think they will be the next couple to go simply because I sense a growing resentment toward Jen forming in the house, especially among the other women. I'm not liking Allison right now. I think she whined too much over what really shouldn't have been that big of a deal. I have no problem with Ryan. He's handled his business without making waves.

Frankly, the producers of the show erred when they didn't pair up Jen and Ryan to begin with. What would have worked better is if they had paired Sharon with Ryan and Jen with Jacob, leaving Parker and Allison as a couple. Then their little setups (Jen/Ryan and Jacob/Sharon) may have had a better chance to last longer.

Sheila has got to chill out. Adam may not be her type but does she have to insult him so much? I think they're on the short list for eviction unless they can gain HoH soon. He may be a jerk, but she's no better.

So far my favorite couples are Alex/Amanda and James/Chelsia. Jen, despite her big mouth and that nasssty tounge piercing (gross!), is the best looking woman in the house. She and Parker would be back at the top of my favorites, if they manage to avoid eviction.

-----

Happy Birthday, Mom. I love you.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At 18 February, 2008 22:14, Blogger Lee Ann said...

Have a great week! Oh and happy birthday to your mom.
~xo
Lee Ann

 
At 19 February, 2008 06:35, Blogger AM said...

And PR answered you on my blog.

And happy birthday to mama :D

 
At 19 February, 2008 07:10, Blogger DaBich said...

Happy Birthday Mom!

Bummer on missing out on the kids' first airplane trip :/

 
At 19 February, 2008 11:54, Blogger Tim said...

lee ann: thanks.

am: and I replied back to pr on your blog.

d: yeah, it will be. oh well. it is what it is.

 
At 19 February, 2008 13:13, Blogger Me Myself and I said...

Ugh, I hate taxes. Lucky for me, one of my BFF's is an accountant and does them for me! :)

I've updated my links finally and have added ya!

cheers.

 
At 19 February, 2008 13:30, Blogger Tim said...

photogirl: doing my taxes myself wasn't very complicated this year. I always procrastinate though because I dread discovering that i might owe the guvmint more than they took out in taxes. Fortunately that was not the case this time.

 
At 19 February, 2008 14:40, Blogger American Guy said...

give your mum my best for me.

 
At 19 February, 2008 16:43, Blogger Kayla said...

Our women's Bible study is Beth Moore's "The Patriarchs"
We also meet on Tues.

You'll get to take the kids somewhere fun soon.

And Happy B-day to Mom

 
At 20 February, 2008 02:16, Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

Hey green. Sorry to hear that you aren't invited to go on vacation with your children. At least you have the comfort of knowing that they really want you to be there.
Tax time YIKES! I am so late this year. My taxes are normally done and either paid or deposited by now. Not looking forward to this year though....
Funny you mentioned glasses and the sixth grade. Believe it or not, I used to wear glasses but stopped in the sixth grade. Bizarre...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home