"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Six unspectacular quirks o' mine

At some point in the past, I borrowed this from dabich.
I'm not posting any rules, since no one follows them anyway,

Six "unspectacular" quirks that I have.


Here we go:


1) I don't get creeped out by many things, but someone else's stray hair stuck to the bar of soap in the shower gives me the heebie-jeebies. Someone else's stray hair stuck to the wet shower walls are almost as creepy. I make darn sure none of my stray hair remains on the soap (or on the walls of the shower for that matter) when I'm done washing myself. Please extend me the same courtesy. Oh, and no stray visible hair clogging the drain, either. That's just as bad as stray hair on the walls.

2) My ex-wife asked me once if I minded sleeping on floral-patterned sheets. I promptly told her that I do not care one bit if the sheets I sleep on are flowery, striped, polka-dotted, solid, checked, plaid or whatever. I go to bed (primarily) to sleep, not to look at the linens.

3) Nightlights and wall clocks that tick loudly/make noise: Can't stand either of them. Like Dracula, I need total darkness and total peace and quiet when I sleep. (One exception would be my (eventual) partner lightly snoring next to me - that and the warmth of a female body next to mine is actually quite soothing.) Nightlights blare like the midday sun in a room I'm trying to sleep in. Little ambient noises like clocks ticking or water dripping seem magnified in a quiet dark room. Both of these things will keep me awake. I needs mah beauty sleep, goshdarnit! Can't you tell it's not working!!

4) When I sleep alone on a large mattress, I tend to lay diagonally.

5) Doesn't bother me to have uncoordinated towels/washcloths in the bathroom. Nor do the pillowcases on my bed pillows have to match with the sheets. See #2.

6) More on linens/sheets: I absolutely cannot fold them neatly when they come out of the dryer, so my sheets are usually wrinkled ( I can fold the pillowcases, though). Just like the patterns, wrinkled sheets bother me not (see #2). AND I make my bed all nice-and-neat-like only once a week when I change the sheets. Otherwise the covers get hastily pulled up in the morning.

BONUS QUIRK: I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I like to put grape jelly on top of my grilled cheese sandwiches. Speaking of cheese sandwiches, please - any cheese but American. Swiss or Provalone are the preferred cheeses for sandwiches.


There are a few people I'd love to see do this but I'm not tagging anyone. If you're gonna do it, do it! Ultimately, I'd love to see you all play along but I know that's not gonna happen.

Do it, don't do it, whatever. However, please let me know if you DO do it, so I can visit and read your responses! If you did it already because you were tagged by someone else, let me know that too, so I can read your responses also.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 02 July, 2008 19:46, Blogger scribe said...

"that and the warmth of another body next to mine is actually quite soothing.)"

I knew you wouldn't mind my snoring and my night-sweats!

 
At 03 July, 2008 08:51, Blogger DaBich said...

Grape jelly on cheese sandwiches????
That's just wrong!

LOL!

 
At 03 July, 2008 22:34, Blogger Tim said...

scribe: umm, no. I really didn't think I'd have to clarify that... but I have.

d: granted it sounds and looks weird but it actually is quite good.

 
At 04 July, 2008 10:56, Blogger EstherNow said...

This is a great post, although #1 makes me squirm too, and I cringed at the thought while reading.

As to Scribe's comment, you did clarify "female" in the original. It was the lovely Scribe who took liberty with the line. Scribe must really like July 4th, since he is so good at taking "liberty" (almost always provocatively) with your words and running with them. LOL.

As to the line in question: another reason why you are a beautiful writer.

 
At 04 July, 2008 13:14, Blogger Tim said...

e: actually I didn't. I edited it after scribe-o left his comment. I really didn't think I needed to specify the gender of my future partner the original way I wrote it.

 
At 04 July, 2008 21:17, Blogger scribe said...

Esther,

IN your face! He did edit afterwards! You owe me a Coke!

But Jelly on a grilled cheese is not onl wrong, it must be at least slightly offensive to God.

 
At 04 July, 2008 23:26, Blogger EstherNow said...

Green: Uh. Thanks. NOT!!!! I didn't know you edited. You could have provided a post-script. Urgh. :)

Scribe: I will gladly get you a Coke, and your beverage choice warms my heart! I must eat my words from before, so I am sorry, but I was saying that tongue-in-cheek anyway, so I've already got a mouthful.

It's all good.

As to the grape jelly on grilled cheese, grape jelly is actually a "secret" incredient (along with mustard) in a popular and frequently-made meatball sauce, and it's GOOD!! I'd be willing to try the grape jelly on grilled cheese, but I'd like to know how Green first got the idea to put it on grilled cheese. (If you already said it, Green, I'm sorry.)

 
At 09 July, 2008 22:21, Blogger Tim said...

e: to explain the grape jelly on grilled cheese thing - a fella I used to work with at summer camp one year did it. I told him it loked gross, much as y'all have here, and he dared me to try it (which of course I did - and the rest is history.)

Instead of looking at it as jelly on top of a grilled cheese sandwich, look at it as melted cheese on a piece of toast, of which jelly is a nornal, acceptable topping.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home