"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Saturday, June 18, 2005

The birthday party



Okay, it's not like I didn't warn you this was coming.

Today we (my kids and I) went to a birthday party for one of my daughter's school friends. First I had to look up directions to the house on mapquest. Standard enough. Then I go to print it and I find out my printer is not printing as it should. So I end up writing out the directions from mapquest on the faded printout i received. Fine. So off we go. From Nashua, it took about an hour to drive to this kid's house. Then, once we got there, I missed the driveway not once, but twice!!

My kids hop out of the car, which was parked in their gravel driveway on a steep hill. I go over to the girls parents and introduce myself. My kids run over and start playing with the other kids. This girl and my kids were at another party for another schoolmate two weeks ago. So my son, who is younger, knew most of my daughters friends. (A side note: my son will be a ladies man. I can see it already and he is only 5!!!)

Anyway, the yard was set up like a carnival. There were games and each kid received a goody bag with tickets in it for each game plus three tickets to the bounce house. The girl's father grilled some hot dogs and there was plenty of pizza. He also passed around the Budweiser, which I politely declined, since I do not drink beer.

The games were easy for the kids to win and they gave away many prizes. They even had the kids take turns beating the heck out of a pinata with a whiffle ball bat. Great fun.

The highlight of the afternoon came towards the end when the birthday girl's three year old brother decided to whip down his pants and pee right there in the middle of the yard with everyone watching. Aaaah what it is to be so young. All of the adults were laughing, except for the parents who looked quite embarrassed, especially the mother.

Since this was an outdoor party the invitation advised that they would reschedule due to the rain possibility. Sure enough today was cool and overcast. It did actually sprinkle a little bit towards the end of the two hour event.

So when two o'clock came I advised my kids and the parents that we would be leaving. My daughter said goodbye to her friend. The kids grabbed their loot (candy bag and prizes) and we all got in the car. My plan was to pull out of my spot, and turn around at the top of thedriveway which was flat. Except when I tried to move forward, my front tires created a nice little ditch where the gravel used to be. Great. So the guy who was directly behind me backed out of the driveway, allowing me to do the same.

It took a bit longer to get home because we had to stop at Wal-Mart.

All in all I had a fun time. I thought it would be boring. Two hours is plenty of time for a kids party, even one as elaborate as this one was. I know my kids had fun and regretted having to leave when the party was over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home