"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

A night out with the guys



Every other month, generally on the first Tuesday of the month, my friends and I go out to eat and talk. Tonight was that night. Actually these are my old college roommates. As we briefly talked about tonight, we have known each other for half of our lives, which is 18 years. That in itself is amazing, that we have stayed in close contact for all of this time but the more amazing thing to us is the age thing. When we were freshmen in college, the kids that are in college now were either not born yet or less than one year old. I don't feel that old, but I am. I am definitely a young 36, and definitely do not look my age. Here's a great unusual thing about the three of us. We came from different parts of Massachusetts, and our three birthdays are exactly 10 days apart. The oldest of us was born on the 18th, I'm in the middle on the 25th and the youngest of us is the 28th.

We talked about many things, mostly it seemed to me, about the impending visit of you know who in 5 days. I felt like I was going through the Spanish Inquisition all by myself. But it was good because all but one of the questions that were raised I have asked myself many times. Public kudos to your mom, G, for coming up with that one. The fact that this topic lasted so long in our discussion is due to:
a) their concern for me
b) the total weirdness of the whole situation
c) the fact that G loves baseball
d) that P wants to be a dentist
e) a and b
f) c and d
g) none of the above
h) all of the above

Anyway, it was a good night, though through half of it I had to pee and Barbie bladder went twice. Yes I know I could have gone myself if I had wanted to. We've planned our next meeting tentatively for Sept. 20, or possibly Aug 2, if you know who is here and (she will be unless something drastic happens) wants to meet G and P.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home